fc1.jpg

fc2.jpg

fc3.jpg

fc4.jpg

fc5.jpg

fc6.jpg

fc7.jpg

fc8.jpg

very nice, mine looks pretty damn close even as to framerate, but of course I am only running at 1280x1024 because that's what my LCD does... ;)

Hey TranCe...do me a favor and take a screenie of the following pic, this is at 1280x1024 2x fsaa and 2x af....I want to compare fps...I will BRB with a 4x fsaa and 8x af shot too.....from the same vantage point.

of course this is jpg, not the original bmp

carrier.jpg

wow Which card u have , those are great

comparing to mine which is asus Geforce FX 5900 , u make me feel shy :(

TheRapture said:
Hey TranCe...do me a favor and take a screenie of the following pic, this is at 1280x1024 2x fsaa and 2x af....I want to compare fps...I will BRB with a 4x fsaa and 8x af shot too.....from the same vantage point.

of course this is jpg, not the original bmp

Well I am a bit off on the positioning, but here is the same shot, except with 4xAA/8xAF

fccarrier48.jpg

I inadvertently used App settings to control AF, hopefully that won't make a diff in fps. (AF is set to 8x in game)

Great news...I am able to run the game at 4x fsaa and 8x af with very little hit (cpu limited!) and I can keep 32-33fps in the same scenario...I am quite happy now. Using the new official 61.77's....

EDIT...oops. I took that before I turned 8x AF on....doh. With 4x FSAA and 8x AF I get 28fps in that scene...still very smooth. That carrier deck is oddly, one of the slowest areas for me, even more than Research and Volcano...

6800 GT said:
tranCendenZ How Much You Get On 3D MARK 03?

havent tried on the new 61.77 drivers, tho i will try that now.

but with 61.36 i got:
p4 3.2ghz @ stock speed
bfg 6800gt @ stock speed

tell me this true what's i hear

doom 3 need
3.4 CPU
2 giga
and 6800 u
to run the game on very high setings ?

so my system is not good to run doom 3 on the best setings ?
no i dont want to use AA and AF

tranCendenZ said:
BTW, I tried Ultra Water, performance hit was too high for the quality improvement.
How so? I've been doing ultra high with 1280x1024 2xAA, 4xAF with 30FPS on my 9800. Seems strange that a 6800 can't do it any better. Perhaps I need to hold off on my 6800GT purchase?

Roach said:
How so? I've been doing ultra high with 1280x1024 2xAA, 4xAF with 30FPS on my 9800. Seems strange that a 6800 can't do it any better. Perhaps I need to hold off on my 6800GT purchase?

lol
I am using 4xAA/8xAF, plus very high in every category + ultra high water.

i like really fluid framerates though and the ultra high water seems to bring it down to 35-45fps range or so from 45-55fps range.

Here are results of very high everything + ultra high water + 4xAA + 8xAF
@1280x960... Ultra High water seems to incur a 20% performance hit in some areas

fcwater1.jpg

fcwater2.jpg

fcwater3.jpg

'
fcwater4.jpg

fcwater5.jpg

fcwater6.jpg

fcwater7.jpg

fcwater8.jpg

fcwater9.jpg

fcwater10.jpg

Guess its not too bad, frames dont drop under 35fps really, but when you are driving around in the patrol boat on the water 45fps minimum is better than 35fps.

tranCendenZ said:
BTW, I tried Ultra Water, performance hit was too high for the quality improvement.

LOL. I didn't notice a performance hit when enabled.... ;)

Roach said:
Any idea whats going on with the weapons and boats?

I think that is caused by water refraction. Some sort of rendering error/corruption. I get that too with my GF 4 Ti...

Roach said:
Any idea whats going on with the weapons and boats?

Seems to be some fuzzy effect when you put a weapon or object over water (at any quality level). Happened on all version of FarCry with all paths/drivers. The fuziness actually moves with the water. Must be intentional or an artifact of the way they render water.

R1ckCa1n said:
LOL. I didn't notice a performance hit when enabled.... ;)

When you are already playing at a choppy framerate, you probably wouldn't notice if it got choppier ;)

I concede...just checked on my set up (see sig) and its there too...

I guess its one of those things that you never notice when you are actually playing the game.

tranCendenZ: I must ask, are you running Far Cry in Paradise render mode? The color seems so vivid. Just curious. :)

Balthazar said:
tranCendenZ: I must ask, are you running Far Cry in Paradise render mode? The color seems so vivid. Just curious. :)

No, I am just a good cameraman, unless that mode is enabled by default :) I have settings to Very High in everything, and water at Ultra High in those last 5, at 1280x960 with 4xAA/8xAF.

(wasnt aware such a mode existed)

Yeah, in the video options there is a render mode selection....one of them is paradise which boosts color. ;)

Balthazar said:
Yeah, in the video options there is a render mode selection....one of them is paradise which boosts color. ;)

Nah I just checked, it says:
Rendering Mode: Default

Let me try Paradise, ill post a pic.

edit: looks like a minor color/sharpness boost with paradise, not worth posting...

tranCendenZ said:
...as i said above, looks either intentional or an artifact of the way the game renders water. not specific to any card.

What you're seeing there besides the barrel is the water refraction effect that can cause graphical corruption (for objects that are not under water) like on the pic that Roach posted.

Go to console and type:

\r_waterrefractions 0

and the barrel edge will look sharp...

I personally love the "Cold" render mode. Not a huge fan of vibrant colors.

tranCendenZ - you can't play @ 1600x1200 ? I can with my 9800xt, although it;s not "choppy" it's not smooth either, one of the reason's I'm upgrading...

Blad3 said:
tranCendenZ - you can't play @ 1600x1200 ? I can with my 9800xt, although it;s not "choppy" it's not smooth either, one of the reason's I'm upgrading...

Honestly I haven't tried at less than 4xAA, but its not smooth enough for me at 4xAA/8xAF on every level. i.e. its fine on the first level, but top of carrier level it was too slow.

ok thanks for the info, I think an Ultra would be able to manage 1600x1200 tho ;)

Blad3 said:
ok thanks for the info, I think an Ultra would be able to manage 1600x1200 tho ;)

Just tried 1600x1200 2xAA/8xAF, performance at this level is playable. 4xAA at that res isn't smooth enough for me at certain parts. You aren't going to get a major performance difference between a GT and an Ultra btw, they are essentially the same thing at different clocks.

Back