My crazy SN45G mods (shock and awe)

bleed3r

Limp Gawd
1.jpg

Uploadin pics :)

first post woot

note in advance: forgive the craptastic pics ;)

2.jpg

Ah here, look at this. Hey! Whats that hard drive doing there? :D
New GPU cooler+AS5 and coolermaster ramsinks with arctic alumina

3.jpg

I used angle aluminum to mount the hard drive to the front of the case.

6.jpg

No more drive cage! So much room! :)

10.jpg

Note the special molex I stole from an old power supply. The wires pass through, so I punched down the wires in one of the lines.

It's a close fit! Made adjustments accordingly!

4.jpg

Here is my new Thermaltake NB cooler, with AS5
Also see the USB cables are nicely managed vs the old HUGE shielded usb cables. As well, the blower sucking off the back of the Ti4200

11.jpg

MOSFET coolage :cool:

7.jpg

Ramsinks on other crap, note that vdimm regulator

9.jpg

Holy crap! What's that monster??

5.jpg

THATS A 200CFM 21W 120mm fan!! Had to nail my little XPC to the desk :p
At stock, I'm getting 25 case and 29cpu, ambient is 23-24.

If you look back, you can see a variable resistor in use atm, in the 3rd pic top-middle. Its quieter than the sunon and is pushing more air. ATM stock speed is 29 case 33 cpu. Only 4 degrees higher than max blowage. And this is at 100% load same as before.

That other IDE cable you saw before is just tucked away so I can hook up an optical drive without dismanteling the HD (I'll remove the front cover for more pics after, on how its attached) and a spare molex is tucked away for optical/floppy.

Anything else I'm missing.... OH the front plates. I need to attach them somehow. Yes, I will do that somehow.

And yes, I guess wires are a bit messy, but its clean so as to airflow. I can FEEEL the air suck through the side vents! And psu temps dont read correctly in MBM, but in bios when I check, its usualy in between cpu and case temp.

COMMENTS! :D

ugly.jpg

this is very crude, but there are holes in the angle aluminum corresponding to holes in the front panel, and i used zip ties to secure them.

The hard drive with mounting fits tightly in the tabs that stick out from the 3.5" bay. And one thing I had to do to the hard drive, was cut the corner off of it :eek:

Yes, the ATX mobo connector was in the way. So off it went. Made a nice cut along the edge where the top metal piece of the HD itself has a nice 90 degree corner. Nothing harmed, no seal broken, its all metal around there. A little electrical tape around the corner, and it looks like it was like that already.

You can see it in the pics if you look.

daemon tools ^^

I find it faster, and no media swapping etc.

That's why I have that other IDE on the side. I can just pull it out and hook up an optical and make a 1:1 image of anything whenever I need to. But its not that often.

edit: oh yeah, saves room!

Those are some crazy low temps.

A tip for your digital camera: don't hold it so close to the subject and the pictures won't come out blurry. The Macro mode on some digital cameras is better than others and if you put it that close to the object it won't be able to focus.

You can get just as much detail or "closeness" by holding the camera further back, and then cropping.

ah yeah thanks for the tips

some friends told me this too
though these were just quick shots from borrowing my sisters digital camera

btw, I just thought I'd mention about that NB cooler, it is LOUD when it is switched to max! It gets aroudn 8000rpms on max, but the different speeds sound all the same when the 120mm is on full

hmm, theres some problem with my rpm sensor for the 120mm atm, I gotta check that out

oh, nvm, I realized I've never seen it read with the resistor which its hooked into atm, so it must not work with the resistor in line.

I added a 40gig 7200rpm hdd to my rig so I did up a very nice clean mod on my drive cage

Imagine the 3.5" part of the drive cage slided up into the 5.25 bay all the way so only a little bit of the bottom sticks out from the 5.25 area.

It looks so clean, and its solid. I like it alot better then the hdd mounted on the front panel.

Pics soon.

nice work but I couldnt make it without having an optical drive.

that'd drive me too batty.

My new post has pics of my new HDD setup.

It works smashingly good.

A 40gig 7200rpm 2mb cache for cd images and etc.
Cmon now, thats better access time than a cdrom ;)

bleed3r said:
THATS A 200CFM 21W 120mm fan!! Had to nail my little XPC to the desk :p
holy shit dude! ROFL! that's the funniest thing EVAH! lol... whew, ok, settle down Beavis... :)

did you at least undervolt it?! i mean, i must sound like... like... a tasmanian devil stuck into a briefcase?... or maybe a million angry... uhm... that's all i got. /me runs off for more caffeine.

yeah man, I have it ATM set quieter than the stock sunon sounded, but it is pushing so much more air then it ever did still.

Its with a 25w variable resistor, so I don't know the exact value, and the rpm sensor doesnt work when I use it.

Back