My Computer Icon NOt showing up :(

Bambi

I Cleaned My Room - And I am a Dude
My Computer Icon is not showing up on the desktop and when i try to save things, it does not appear either. I cleaned my system out of possible all malware, spyware etc etc, so i konw that is not the problem. Help me reclaim my MY COMPUTER please :)

Drag it from the Start Menu. You can Google for how to remove the shortcut arrow. I put My Computer in my Quick Launch. I hate desktop icons.

My Quick Launch: My Computer | My Documents | Control Panel

Drag it from the Start Menu. You can Google for how to remove the shortcut arrow. I put My Computer in my Quick Launch. I hate desktop icons.

My Quick Launch: My Computer | My Documents | Control Panel

Dragging it from the Start menu will create a shortcut file. I prefer right-clicking My Computer from the Start menu and selecting "Show on Desktop"

Dragging it from the Start menu will create a shortcut file. I prefer right-clicking My Computer from the Start menu and selecting "Show on Desktop"

Yeah if you do this, it should bring it back. I use the same method when i remove it, or someone at work does.. Give it a try! ;)

ok this is xp pro

Its more complicated than htat actually.

I cant drag it from start menu becuase it dont show up, i cant even right click properties, and added it using desktop icons becasue its greyed out there to. IM at lost.

right click desktop\click properties\click desktop tab\click customize desktop

right click desktop\click properties\click desktop tab\click customize desktop

Thats not going to work because the my copmuter icon check box is not clickable

It looks like you have lost permission to make the changes.
Check the effective permissions (for your user account) on anything that wont let you change it.

Back