My completed watercooling system + lots of pics

TehQuick said:
If you had to use 1/2"ID tubing on the pci pass-thru, do u think it would work? The pass-thru pipes have 3/8"OD right? It's a little small for 1/2"ID tube.... So I dunno what to do here :(

About the outside hoses: are those tygon? and it's tygon with those wire coils on the surface of the tubing? where did u buy that from?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to finalize my design :D

all of the tubing with coils on it is Tygon. i haven't sleeved the clearflex yet.
the PCI pass through pipes are 3/8" OD. you'd have to buy a reducer (4 of them) to get it to work with it. two going out, two going in (one for each pipe, two on each end, basically).

rtierney said:
all of the tubing with coils on it is Tygon. i haven't sleeved the clearflex yet.
the PCI pass through pipes are 3/8" OD. you'd have to buy a reducer (4 of them) to get it to work with it. two going out, two going in (one for each pipe, two on each end, basically).

How about 2 reducers just inside the case, and use 3/8"ID tubing that came with the radbox to hook up the rad to the pass thru on the outside. Would that be restrictive for the rest of the system with 1/2"ID? I have to combine the 2 anyways, since if I am going for the DD 12v4 pump, i'll need it. So what if I keep all internal tubing at 1/2"ID and all fittings 1/2"OD, and just use reducers to go thru the pass thru? Is it doable? or will efficiency drop since the rad will be on the 3/8"ID part of the loop?

Alternatively, what was the problem with fitting 3/8"ID hose over the DD 12v D4 pump (same as swiftech's MCP 650) fittings? Why did u get the 5/8"OD fittings on that pump? are all the rest of ur fittings (TDX, res) 3/8"OD or 1/2"OD?

TehQuick said:
Alternatively, what was the problem with fitting 3/8"ID hose over the DD 12v D4 pump (same as swiftech's MCP 650) fittings? Why did u get the 5/8"OD fittings on that pump? are all the rest of ur fittings (TDX, res) 3/8"OD or 1/2"OD?

The pump comes with those large OD fittings. 3/8" wont squeeze over it..or atleast I couldn't get my Tygon to fit over it. Even if it did, it would strain the tubing big time, inviting some splitage over time maybe. I had no problem using 1/2" tubing for it and then placing a reducer on the outlet and just using all 1/2" for the pump inlet (coming from res which also had 1/2")

everything else was 3/8"

With water you were only able to get your 6800 up to 420? Crap I was hoping to run water on one of those down the road and was hoping to get a lot more than that outta it..

halcyon said:
With water you were only able to get your 6800 up to 420? Crap I was hoping to run water on one of those down the road and was hoping to get a lot more than that outta it..

I'm at 440 core right now. 1155 mem.
everything is rock solid. i haven't tried to push it any further, but i bet i can.

I have that same Res, and I also had to silicon the crap out of it in order to get it to not leak..

Does your 3/8" tube fit into your GPU block? Where did you get the 1/2" fitting in your res outlet? Also, what was the reducer you used for your PCI pass through and did you use a 3/8" hose between the two or did you clamp the reduce onto the pass through?

cnick79 said:
Does your 3/8" tube fit into your GPU block? Where did you get the 1/2" fitting in your res outlet? Also, what was the reducer you used for your PCI pass through and did you use a 3/8" hose between the two or did you clamp the reduce onto the pass through?

I used Tygon 3/8" ID, so the OD of it is 5/8" and therefore too big to fit into the quickconnect fittings on the MCW50. I bought a simple adapter for it. It has a 1/2" OD tube on one end, and a 3/8" OD barb on the other. tube end goes into the GPU block, and obviously the 3/8" OD barb goes in the Tygon tubing itself.
I bought the nylon 1/2" fitting for my res outlet from Home Depot. It cost like 2 bucks.
I only needed one reducer for my PCI pass through. Coming out of the pump is 1/2" ClearFlex, and to get it into the 3/8" OD tube of the PCI pass through, I used a nylon 1/2" OD to 3/8" OD reducer. You can see it in my latest pics. Going out of the PCI pass through, into the radiator, and back out is all 3/8" Tygon. From there, it goes to the GPU, where another apadter is used (since the OD was too big to fit into the quick connects), then to the CPU block, then to the 3/8" fitting on the res.

p.s.- I got all the fittings I needed from sidewindercomputers.com that I couldn't find at Home Depot.

Maximus825 said:
I have that same Res, and I also had to silicon the crap out of it in order to get it to not leak..

I re-teflon taped mine. I gave it a good 5 or 6 wraps around and then tightened it pretty good in the fitting. Just to be sure, I put a single nice and somewhat thick layer of silicone sealant on it and spread it around a little with a small, flat tool I had laying around. Now it's rock hard and no leak at all.

I've found that the middle outlet that I plugged still leaks a bit.. I just added some more silicon, homefully that fixes it...

Maximus825 said:
I've found that the middle outlet that I plugged still leaks a bit.. I just added some more silicon, homefully that fixes it...

I found that a single thick layer on it works. In my experience wth it, if you keep putting dabs of it on at a time, it's not very effective. I put one thick line across where the barb screws into the fitting and flatten it out a little. it gave me a really good seal.

(sorry for digging up tjis oldie....)
@ rtierney, I like your setup! One question though, did you ever tried 4 fans and 2 shrouds like to have a puss/pull configuration?

Back