Muxing for live stream

illogitech

Limp Gawd
Goal:
Stream content from two capture systems (Both rMBP with Thunderbolt Capture devices), feed across network to main capture / editing system (Mac Pro w PCI editing hardware), add effects / scenes etc in realtime to stream back out to multiple services (Youtube/ Justin.tv etc).

Quesion;
1. Is there anyway apps for capturing live streams that can feed across the network? My assumption is that I should setup an internal network stream and capture that.. which leads into my second question.

2. Is there a Mac Production app that can handle and mux external streams with your content in real time (then output to whatever streaming service you want?) I've seen cam twist and i'm not sure i'm down for paying for wirecast just yet. Basically I want to capture in real time on the two remote machines and combine that with the feeds on the main machine, edit in the scene and broadcast out without having to buy a video switching console / setup beyond what i've got.

As far as the network is concerned, we have 100mb/100mb available for streaming so bandwidth isn't of concern.

I'm down with post editing with Final Cut Pro, but i'm not too familiar with live streaming hence the questions I ask. Also, we have tons of systems around here, but aren't looking to invest too much more than what we've got.

Back