• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Music Libraries -- Organization?

Eocene

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 21, 2004
Messages
446
I have a lot of music.. some is repeated from backups.. I'm not really sure how to sort it all.. I used to do it by album and then it got a bit messy from hard drives that partially died and moving things around.... now I have a bunch of music folders.. many iTunes folders ..but I usually use winamp...

Also, some of the CDs I ripped are not very well done.... not much info was kept.. so no song titles, etc (some are not in English, etc)....

I have over 100gb of music.. and I'm moving everything to an external given that I use various operating systems.

Any ideas?


Thanks
 
If the tags are mostly correct, iTunes can move them into proper folders for you. Otherwise, you may have to devote a few days to manually editing tags and moving files around.
 
Mp3tag also does the above. I use Album Artist/Album/## Track Title.*, which works fine.

Album Artist is important though. Sort by Artist and you'll end up getting yourself in a mess pretty quickly.
 
Back
Top