"Music" headphone confusion, help?

NUNCA

Weaksauce
I've been looking for headphones now and came to these conclusions:

open air: SENNHEISER HD 497 OpenAir Dynamic Stereo Headphone

SENNHEISER HD 465 Explore new sound dimensions Headphone

SENNHEISER HD 485 Explore new sound dimensions Headphone

closed air: SENNHEISER HD212 PRO Stereo Headphone

They are all from newegg and are all the same brand. They are all in my price rang(50$-60$0). I want a headphone that you won't be able to hear people talking when they are around you, will all of these work? Are all of these headphones made for music, or are some for gameing or something else? I just want a quality headphone that won't break, has quality bass, and just a warm good sound. Any suggestions to help me out is greatly appreciated.

Of the ones you listed the HD212s are the only ones that meet your requirements. :)

sony v6 is also another equally pricey option

in ur pricerange px200 would work well, its a portable overthehead phone

GodsMadClown said:
http://www.amazon.com/unicef/

ASIN: B000065BPB
Sennheiser HD-280

$79.94 shipped.

Those are the phones you want for a quiet listening experience.

Agreed... but he didnt ask about them. :D

superlyduper said:
sony v6 is also another equally pricey option

in ur pricerange px200 would work well, its a portable overthehead phone

Same thing applies here. :D

I actually like the PX200s better then the HD212s but the fact they sit on your ears can be a problem for some people.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have the 212s and they are very comfortable, sometimes i wear for 4-5 hours non stop. Bass is one of the strong points in these, its very distinct but not overly loud to drown out the highs. I love em alot.

consider getting shure e2c's. they're canal phones, but they will seal better than traditional headphones, and still sound very good. they can be had for 65ish.

NUNCA said:
I've been looking for headphones now and came to these conclusions:

open air: SENNHEISER HD 497 OpenAir Dynamic Stereo Headphone

closed air: SENNHEISER HD212 PRO Stereo Headphone

They are all from newegg and are all the same brand. They are all in my price rang(50$-60$0). I want a headphone that you won't be able to hear people talking when they are around you, will all of these work? Are all of these headphones made for music, or are some for gameing or something else? I just want a quality headphone that won't break, has quality bass, and just a warm good sound. Any suggestions to help me out is greatly appreciated.
None of the above, IMHO. The 497, the 465 and the 485 are all open-air, and thus you'll hear people talking around you or will leak sound outwards loudly enough to disturb other people in a room. The 212 Pro is closed - but IMHO delivers too much bass for many musical tastes.

Unfortunately, the suggested Sony MDR-V6 also falls short on isolation. And the Senn 280 PRO has isolation, but rather subdued bass response.

Bottom line: If you want circumaural (full-sized) and good isolation and good bass all at once, you'll have to spend more than $100.

Does anyone know the difference in sound quality and just overal quality between:

SENNHEISER HD 497 OpenAir Dynamic Stereo Headphone

I couldn't really find anything except that they are all the same price on newegg.

they all look pretty equal sound quality wise. the biggest difference will probably be in comfort.

I for one am a proud owner of a pair of 212 Pro's, which I highly recomend.

But if you're set on one of those 3, I would go with the 497's because of the detachable cables. Most of my other headphones have died in the past because of wire problems. This way, you can just replace the cable for 5 bucks, instead of the whole set for 50 or more. (although it is a nice excuse to get a new pair :p )

NUNCA said:
Does anyone know the difference in sound quality and just overal quality between:

SENNHEISER HD 497 OpenAir Dynamic Stereo Headphone

I couldn't really find anything except that they are all the same price on newegg.
The 497 is well known around these and other headphone forums. The 465 and 485 are both very new models, and have yet to prove themselves. And the 465 and 485 were introduced to fill in the gap between the highest 4#7 model (497) and the lowest 5#5 model (515).

Back