Mushkin pc3500 lvl1

Zecora

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 28, 2002
Messages
354
am i goin to still get a got o/c with this memory

my specs
ic7-max3
2.4c
 
Id like to know too. Almost identical specs (IC7-G Max2, 2.4) and I just bought a gig of Mushkin PC2500 Level I.
 
I've been pretty pleased with my Mushkin level 1 PC3500. Got it for $99 at newegg (512 stick). Able to run a decent overclock of 230 @ 2.9v with 2-3-3-6 timings. Will run up to 240, but will get errors in memtest. If you have more voltage, they should be able to do pretty decent. Doesn't the Max3 have 3.2v for vdimm?

Using it with my Shuttle AN50R and A64 3000+.
 
I am looking into this ram too. Does it have any known issue's with the Abit NF7-S motherboard?
 
This RAM is not a good choice for overclocking a 2.4c on an IC7-Max3 board. It uses Winbond CH5 chips, which will almost certainly hit a brick wall between 250-270MHz and not allow you to go any higher regardless of timings or the memory divider. This issue has been present on most i865/i875 boards for nearly a year now, and seems to be unfixable.
 
Back
Top