Multithreaded Video Encoder

Aaron11

[H]ard|Gawd
What's a good multithreaded video encoder so that I can convert the avis Fraps records into a different format? I've been using Handbrake, but I tried encoding a file I recorded with Fraps and it would only encode the audio. This is a common issue with HB not supporting the codec fraps records in. So what's a different wll-threaded video encoding program I can use to reencode fraps recordings?

x264 - it's what HandBrake uses but you seem to be having issues with that, so use it by itself and encode the audio separetely.... or...

Quick script I wrote and use to convert my Fraps captures (all avi files in the same directory as the bat in this case) to H.264+AAC in MKV for storage. Requires x264, eac3to (in its own folder), ffmpeg, and mkvmerge (installing it adds it to the PATH so it can be called from anywhere). Check the script to figure out if those programs need their own folders or not.

Code:
SETLOCAL ENABLEDELAYEDEXPANSION
SETLOCAL ENABLEEXTENSIONS
for /F "delims=;" %%A IN ('dir /b *.avi') DO (
ffmpeg -i "%%A" -vn "%%~nA.wav"
eac3to\eac3to "%%~nA.wav" "%%~nA.aac"
ffmpeg -i "%%A" -vcodec rawvideo -f yuv4mpegpipe -sws_flags bicubic+full_chroma_int+accurate_rnd -an -pix_fmt yuv420p - | x264.x64 - --stdin y4m --crf 20 --bframes 5 --b-adapt 2 --ref 4 --mixed-refs --no-fast-pskip --direct auto --deblock -3:-3 --subme 10 --trellis 2 --analyse all --8x8dct --me umh --output "%%~nA.noaudio.mkv"
mkvmerge -o "%%~nA.final.mkv" --forced-track 1:no -d 1 -A -S "%%~nA.noaudio.mkv" --forced-track 0:no -a 1 -D -S --no-chapters "%%~nA.aac.m4a" --track-order 0:1,1:1
del "%%~nA.wav"
del "%%~nA.aac.m4a"
del "%%~nA - Log.txt"
del "%%~nA.noaudio.mkv"
)
pause

If I want to upload them to a website and have them be easily used with flash, I run my 2nd batch that remuxes all MKVs in the same folder as the bat file to MP4s with some other added benefits. Requires ffmpeg and mp4box.

Code:
SETLOCAL ENABLEDELAYEDEXPANSION
SETLOCAL ENABLEEXTENSIONS
for /F "delims=;" %%A IN ('dir /b *.mkv') DO (
ffmpeg -i "%%A" -vcodec copy -acodec copy "%%~nA.mp4"
MP4Box -inter 0.5 "%%~nA.mp4"
)
pause

Probably the fastest way to do mass conversion.

Oh, and you should have searched beforehand:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1445298

Last edited:
Back