Multisampling work with antialiasing or samething?

provoko

Gawd
Joined
Aug 6, 2004
Messages
656
I don't really know the difference between multisampling and antialiasing. Are they the same thing?

Painkiller has an option for multisampling. Do I set my own antialiasing or set it to application preferred and use multisampling? If I don't set it to application preferred then do they work together, what's the effect I get if they do work together?
 
provoko said:
I don't really know the difference between multisampling and antialiasing. Are they the same thing?

Painkiller has an option for multisampling. Do I set my own antialiasing or set it to application preferred and use multisampling? If I don't set it to application preferred then do they work together, what's the effect I get if they do work together?

Multi-Sampling is a form of Anti-Aliasing

All R3xx cards and up support the Multi-Sampling form of Anti-Aliasing

All NV3x cards and up support Multi-Sampling and some modes of Multi-Sampling plus Super-Sampling.

If a game has the option inside it to set the AA level, then set the drivers to Application Preference and use the games in-game settings, as they are usually best.

In Painkiller the Multisampling option IS the AA setting.
 
Back
Top