MSI Geforce 9600 GT OC $159+S&H after MIR

Flandry

Weaksauce
Looks like a pretty nice card according to this very thorough German review. Then again, maybe my babelfish-ese is not good. In any case, i have one on the way and will give my impressions. It is replacing a Radeon 3850 i couldn't stand.

The card is $179 + S&H and has a $20 MIR, so about $165 delivered for an overclocked 9600 GT with a custom cooler that seems pretty nice, and a HDMI adapter that allows you to plug in an audio feed.

Spiel Unreal Tournament 3
Entwickler Epic Games
Publisher Midway Games
Veröffentlichung 12. November 2007
Genre Ego-Shooter
Grafik-Engine Unreal Engine 3
DirectX-Pfad DirectX 9 und 10

LOL "Ego-shooter"

I understand what it means but its still funny *snicker*

I would bet the MSI one since it has some heatpipes on it.

Thanks, but I also noticed that this one is overclocked and the Palit isn't. Would it still keep it cooler than Palit's? I'm very concerned about temps because my room is an oven in the summer and my X800XL with stock cooler overheats.

Thanks, but I also noticed that this one is overclocked and the Palit isn't. Would it still keep it cooler than Palit's? I'm very concerned about temps because my room is an oven in the summer and my X800XL with stock cooler overheats.

Well you can look in the review. The cooler performed better than the stock cooler, so maybe you can compare how much better vs. how much better the Pallit did in another review. You can also clock it down to normal levels if it comes to that. Really, though, all the 9600s run so much cooler than other recent cards that i think you'd be ok. It also seems that this cooler is quieter once it's down to normal levels, but it doesn't do that until the drivers load, which seems a bit silly to me.

The ego-shooter is pretty funny. Those zany Germans and their accretion nouns. :p

BTW it's up $5 now. It boggles my mind how fast the prices on the panoply of 9600s varies on there. My order is still on step 1, which has never happened before (it's been 24 hours). I hope it comes before Saturday!

Back