Msi 870A-G54 OC Dial/button

eshiku

Limp Gawd
I just picked up a new built. However, i could not get it to boot when the OC dial/button are on.

Anyone know how i can turn off the OC button? or how to adjust it? Didn't really understand the instruction from the manual.

I was able to get it to work once, when the OC button are off i was able to boot and use the computer normally. But i reinstalled some ram and tried to boot up again, and i can not figure out how to do it.

Hey ocerllaris, thanks for the link. that would be useful in a bit.

but the thing now is that when the OC button is on, i can not even boot up the computer tho. can't even get to bios :(

Hey ocerllaris, thanks for the link. that would be useful in a bit.

but the thing now is that when the OC button is on, i can not even boot up the computer tho. can't even get to bios :(

turn off the oc button and just overclock from the bios. I think all the button does is enable the dial.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

can't seem to turn off the oc button. i tried pressing it once, and tried press and hold for a while. nothing worked. kicking myself for not remember how to i did it the first time.

i also had tried to clear cmos but still nothing.

can't seem to turn off the oc button. i tried pressing it once, and tried press and hold for a while. nothing worked. kicking myself for not remember how to i did it the first time.

i also had tried to clear cmos but still nothing.

If you turn the OC dial fully counter-clockwise can you boot?

I tried it as instructed in the manual, first press the oc switch then turn the oc dial, and press oc switch again to finish. i tried turning the dial counter-clockwise for a good while. it just keep on turning. but still won't boot.

clearing the cmos may not be resetting the oc button settings. unplug the computer from the wall, clear the cmos with the jumper, then remove the cmos battery for 15 minutes (or longer), then replace the battery, plug the computer back in and turn it on. that should completely wipe everything for stored settings that may be preventing you from booting right now. on a lot of boards, a cmos clear does not everything "everything". pulling the battery after changing the settings will make sure everything is nuked. if it still fails to boot after than, i can only presume the oc button in stuck on.

Pick up another one of these board, and its the same thing. so i went and exchanged for an gigabyte 880gm, and everything went smoothly.

heard good things about MSI, but my first product from them is such a disappointment....

Last edited:
Hi, I have the same problem here since I just went to clean my pc.. when I found the problem I googled and ended here then I done everything that you says here (including remove the cmos battery) and still nothing.
I tested the other components (CPU, GPU, RAM and PSU) in another mobo and thankfully works.

I'm thinking to replace the mobo sadly.

Back