MS External Connector license not in stock?

Sayth

Gawd
Hey all,

Anyone have any understanding of MS Server licenses? I'm helping out a local company and they need to license access for devices in the field to connect back to their Windows Server 2008 R2 for their proprietary software to get updates.

My last call to M$ informed me that I would need to get a CAL for each device at $40 each (CAD) or buy an "External Connector" for unlimited devices for $2698.

So I put this of for a year. Now I contact MS (via chat) and they say these external connector licenses are "out of stock" and I would need to buy CALs for 749.00 for 5. They couldn't tell me when they would "get more stock".

How does one "run out of stock" for a license?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for any help.

I got my answer... The retail store contacts at Microsoft.ca (yes I chatted twice with them) didn't have the brains to tell me that what I was looking for was not offered in the retail sales area. Instead they just told me they were "out of stock".

I had to go to the volume licensing section and call the 1-877 number for Canada sales. There he knew exactly what I wanted! SKU R39-01119 External Connector for Microsoft Server 2012 (downgrade-able) - $2698

I hope this helps someone. I hate Microsoft licensing........ :mad:

Cheers!

Provantage.com (just an example) has this P/N listed for USD 1785.85 = CAD 1772.28. Never buy licenses/contract directly from the manufacture they are guaranteed to be more expensive!

Back