Just finished putting together my second pc and moved the 8800Ultra from my Q9650 rig to it.
For some reason I can get the ATI drivers to install and recognize my 4870x2. WTF.
On my second pc, Q6600, same motherboard as main with a clean vista ulti x64 install I had no problem installing the 4870x2, installing the latest 9.10 drivers and firing up CCC or Rivatuner.
For some reason on my main pc, after uninstalling all Nvidia software, running driver cleaner (not safe mode) and then putting in 4870x2 and installing ATI drivers I can not get the ATI drivers to recognize the card after reboot.
Everest recognizes the card fine, RV770, HD 4870 etc etc. Same thing for Rivatuner except I do not get full clock control.
I tried running drivercleaner in normal mode, cleaned out ATI/Nvidia drivers, then in safe mode did the same thing and still, Catalyst 9.4, 9.9 and 9.10 do not fucking recognize the card.
Going to try 9.5 now but if this fails do I have to do a clean install of Vista Ultimate just to get the drivers to work?
Is this some sort of Nvidia bitch move again? Because I never had problems going ATI to Nvidia; just uninstall ATI drivers through Control Panel / run driver sweeper and thats it. Yet going from Nvidia to ATI I can not get anything to work.
After PhysX, Batman, wooden screws and fake Fermi I would not be surprised at all if Nvidia was fucking with the drivers trying to make sure that people do not enjoy their superior and cheaper ATI cards.
For some reason I can get the ATI drivers to install and recognize my 4870x2. WTF.
On my second pc, Q6600, same motherboard as main with a clean vista ulti x64 install I had no problem installing the 4870x2, installing the latest 9.10 drivers and firing up CCC or Rivatuner.
For some reason on my main pc, after uninstalling all Nvidia software, running driver cleaner (not safe mode) and then putting in 4870x2 and installing ATI drivers I can not get the ATI drivers to recognize the card after reboot.
Everest recognizes the card fine, RV770, HD 4870 etc etc. Same thing for Rivatuner except I do not get full clock control.
I tried running drivercleaner in normal mode, cleaned out ATI/Nvidia drivers, then in safe mode did the same thing and still, Catalyst 9.4, 9.9 and 9.10 do not fucking recognize the card.
Going to try 9.5 now but if this fails do I have to do a clean install of Vista Ultimate just to get the drivers to work?
Is this some sort of Nvidia bitch move again? Because I never had problems going ATI to Nvidia; just uninstall ATI drivers through Control Panel / run driver sweeper and thats it. Yet going from Nvidia to ATI I can not get anything to work.
After PhysX, Batman, wooden screws and fake Fermi I would not be surprised at all if Nvidia was fucking with the drivers trying to make sure that people do not enjoy their superior and cheaper ATI cards.
Last edited: