Movie Piracy no Big Deal?

Wow is right. Where do you live? Was this at iMax or somethin'? I can see a movie in a theater with stadium seating and surroud sound for under $10, and even less with a student discount (I graduated but I still have my college ID :D).

I can also go to the cheap theatres and sit next to trailer trash :rolleyes:

When you want to enjoy a movie, you have to pay the extra... sure a $5 ticket will get you to see the movie, but when you deal with a dirty theatre, mediocore equipment, and lack of service then you get what you pay for.

My theatres here are nearly 20 a seat.

When you want to enjoy a movie, you have to pay the extra... sure a $5 ticket will get you to see the movie, but when you deal with a dirty theatre, mediocore equipment, and lack of service then you get what you pay for.

Perhaps you missed this part:

I can see a movie in a theater with stadium seating and surroud sound for under $10

Pardon me if my good theaters are inferior to yours. iMax is the only thing better for us. Of course, we have cheaper theaters as well, but who you sit by isn't directly related to ticket price. You'll find chatty preteens, trashy people, douchebags, etc. anywhere you go. I'd say the area matters more, and even rich people are stingy.

My theatres here are nearly 20 a seat.

Hence my question:

Where do you live?

Meaning, cost of living is probably affecting it. My area has one of the lowest costs of living for a state capitol.

Trust me, anything coming from you I don't take to heart. :rolleyes:

Wasn't aware my post had congealed into an arrow headed for your heart. Good to know I irk you though. :D <--Although invisible to you (at least when I use them), there's a big grin emoticon here. By the way, when you say something like that, it actually implies the opposite, especially with a rolling eyes emoticon.

And for everyone thinking most movies are crap, why don't you get a camera and make your own? Otherwise stop whining or stop spending your money. Bad movies come out because people pay money to see them. Blame your beloved actors for agreeing to be in them, as well as for being used just to sell the movie. They want your money just as much as Hollywood does.

Also, support the indie film industry as much as possible. If you want the quality of movies to improve, you must support indie films. If you have a theater near you that often shows them, go often.

I almost forgot about that crap.

So I go to a theater, pay $15 to see a 9:00 show...

8:45 - Buy tickets
8:46 - 8:50 - Fine Seats
8:51 - Pull cans of pop that I got from the vending machine outside for $1.00 out of my pocket. (Oh, ya, sure, I'll give you $4 for a drink.)
8:52 - Advertisements on the screen.
8:53 - 9:10 - Advertisements still on the screen.
9:10 - Movie finally starts...
9:10 - 11:00 Movie... I think Maddox explains it best is his "I, Robot" rant.

When the highest paid actors are making < $5 million I might give a damn. Until then, if the studios have a problem with their profits they can stop paying out $100+ million per actor per movie.

I agree with this post 100%
i also agree with many of you that share a similar stance.

why should the hard working citizens be in such a huge hurry to pay these 'celebrities' so much money per movie? lmao if a couple hundred people download a movie and actor A can't afford that fifth bentley why should I really care????

thousands of americans are living in debt and thousands of families trying not to starve and yet thier are people that are more concerned with lining the pockets of these wealthy greedy corporations.

gone are the days when people made movies and acted soley for the art of good story telling.

piracy is illegal yeah but so was women voting. this media piracy is just a small way the system is trying to correct itself. imo

Joe pays $15 to watch a movie in the theater, John waits a few weeks for it to be released on dvd and downloads the dvdrip for free perfect quality. now according to current laws john can be subject to years of his life in prison and/or a huge fine in the amounts hundreds of thousands of dollars. Some people say thats acceptable punishment some people rape children.

Back