Motherboards: the brand behind the brand

I am using Windows Vista Ultimate x64. I had no trouble enabling AHCI mode. (No RAID right now.) As for Windows XP, it comes with all the SATA/AHCI/RAID drivers on floppy and it has all the XP stuff you need in the box. Otherwise it is a really basic bundle, but it gives you what you need.

I am thinking of moving to X64 Vista (business/ultimate), so this is a great news to me. Provided that I can find a decent video editing program.

PS: Did you have to install any drivers manually during the installation?

I am thinking of moving to X64 Vista (business/ultimate), so this is a great news to me. Provided that I can find a decent video editing program.

PS: Did you have to install any drivers manually during the installation?

Nope. Installation was smooth as melting butter.

that's good to hear

and I've found a video editing software that actually works on Vista X64

PS: Are you using a 1.8v DD£ 667 memory?

sorry for asking tons of questions, but there's nothing harder then choosing a mainboard and a PSU. But thanks to Corsair, I don't have to worry about the PSU anymore.

Looks like I may go with the Q6600, but I do like the idea of having a 30W CPU.

that's good to hear

and I've found a video editing software that actually works on Vista X64

PS: Are you using a 1.8v DD£ 667 memory?

sorry for asking tons of questions, but there's nothing harder then choosing a mainboard and a PSU. But thanks to Corsair, I don't have to worry about the PSU anymore.

Looks like I may go with the Q6600, but I do like the idea of having a 30W CPU.

I'm using 2x2GB Corsair XMS2 PC2-6400 DDR2-800MHz modules. I think they are 2.0 volts.

Ok, I have placed the order just now:D.

I may still need your help configuring the BIOS, since I'm only familiar with ASUS-AMD boards atm. Truth be said, I haven't used an Intel based PC in 6 years lol.

In case you're interested, here are my specs:

Current:

• Processor: AMD64 3200+ (754)
  • Main-board: ASUS K8V SE Deluxe
  • System RAM: Corsair 1024MB 2.5CAS DDR400
  • Graphics card: Sapphire X800GTO with AGP Bridge and Zaman GPU cooler
  • Display: NEC MultiSync 1970NXp (with MVA panel) and Sony 26" BRAVIA (with PVA panel)
  • Sound system: Logitech X530 5.1 (for music only)
  • PSU: Corsair HX520
  • DVD-ROM Drive: LG GDR-8164B
  • DVD-Burner: Pioneer DVR-115D
  • HDD: Samsung 250GB SpinPoint P120 SP2514N
  • Sound Card: Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic (the original version)

The NEW:

• Processor: Core 2 Duo E8200
  • Main-board: Intel DP35DP
  • System RAM: Corsair Value 2048MB DDR-667 1.8v (VS2GBKIT667D2)
  • Graphics card: ASUS ATI HD3650 (I'll only be using it to take advantage of AVIVO HD)
  • Display: NEC MultiSync 1970NXp (with MVA panel) and Sony 26" BRAVIA (with PVA panel)
  • Sound system: Logitech X530 5.1 (for music only)
  • PSU: Corsair HX520
  • DVD-Burner: Pioneer DVR-215DBK (SATA)
  • HDD: Samsung 500GB Spinpoint T166 HD501LJ
  • Sound Card: Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic (the original version)

General knowledge regarding this board, and failing to post

This board may not support the new 45nmrange Wolfdale CPU 'out of the box'. So a BIOS update is required via Intel site. You may also need an older 65nm CPU to configure and update the BIOS. I recommend the ISO option via CD since it's the easiest.

During the update, you may run to CD access error when using SATA optical drive. To solve this, go into the BIOS by pressing F2 during Intel splash screen and change drive mode to IDE-Legacy. Then set your optical as the primary boot device. If you’re installing Vista after updateing the BIOS, switch it to AHCI.

PS: This board only supports memory with 1.8/1.9 volts and 5-5-5 timing. Scan has few for excellent value. Try to get the DDR 2 667Mhz.

Back