Mother of All Water Cooling (Pics)

My current loop is:
Reservoir -> Pump -> GPU -> CPU -> Rad 1 -> Rad 2 -> back to Reservoir.
I think this might work better ?
Reservoir -> Pump -> CPU -> Rad 1 -> GPU -> Rad 2 - Reservoir.
But this will increase the tubbing length, unless i re-locate the second radiator neer to the GPU.
What do you guys think?

water temp generaly doesnt vary more then a few (1-3C) degrees when measured at various points of the loop (unless you have some major water flow issues) so putting the radiator in a different order wont do as much as you would think. its generaly best to have radiator>resevoir>pump>cpu>(misc other blocks here)>radiator

the CPU is generaly the most heat producing component and the most critical to cool
the more water you put through this block the better and cooler it will be, and the most pressure the pump will create is directly in front of it. and the part directly after the radiator is where the water will be the coolest, all be it- only a degree or two.

i would say to put the radiators together, put them before the resevoir, order the components from most necessary to cool; to least necessary being farthest from the pump.

Yes i agree with you, and that is excatly what i have right now, as you can see in the pictures.

I reapplied the AS5 and make sure CPU block contact is good, but temperature remain the same.

Looks like 8800GTS is dumping more than enough heat and that heat goes to cpu.

My setup is:

Reservoir -> Pump -> GPU -> CPU -> Rad1 -> Rad2 -> back to Reservoir.

Nice setup bro. :D

Also, did you clean those rads? Look kinda dusty to me.

2 triple 120mm rads is easily enough to handle your processor and graphics card. The GTS isn't your problem.

Looks like CPU block is the weak point here, but i wanna make sure every body else who owns APOGEE has the same problem.

Or could it be Coolant, i am using Swiftech's coolant.

Running all that stuff in series, have you checked to see what your flow-rates are? That waterblock alone is a huge pressure drop, but it also flows through the GPU block, and two rads; all in series.

Check to see that you're getting sufficient flow.

Running all that stuff in series, have you checked to see what your flow-rates are? That waterblock alone is a huge pressure drop, but it also flows through the GPU block, and two rads; all in series.

Check to see that you're getting sufficient flow.

I got to say MCP655 is a monstor Pump, even all this in the flow i see the water rushing through pipes like a rocket, and it creates waves in the reservoir. So flow is not an issue.

But i was reading there is another thread in the water cooling section and the guy mentioned the same bad temperature with Apogee, looks like swiftech miss on that.

Today Idle temperature was nice, but i need the load temperature to be like this.

24c.jpg

What does the bottom of your apogee look like? Is it shiny or is it half oxidized? Mine is half oxidized, and I need to clean it up some. Mine idles at 29 and loads at 40.

The bottom has a contact patch of the CPU, and that area is oxidized. Which explains the contact was full and good.

i have an apogee as well and my delta are kinda crappy.
I bet it's the horrible mounting with the apogee, which is a well known problem.
I will try using uncapped nuts tomorrow to put more pressure.

how much safer is using uncapped nuts with the springs vs. true hardmounting?

I am using 2 uncapped nut and 2 cap ones i could not find one uncapped nut. I have total of 3 uncapped, i will if that makes any difference.

Back