Kaos

[H]ard|Gawd
Heres a box im finishing up right now.
Hope you like.

artistic material shot
IMG_3342.jpg

Organizing the cables to bicsi standards
IMG_3339.jpg

starting the detail shots from afar, consider this isnt my neatest work as it was done at about 3 or 4 in the morning.
IMG_3347.jpg

IMG_3346.jpg

IMG_3343.jpg

IMG_3344.jpg

IMG_3345.jpg

didnt have a chance to term the fibers out since i got moved to another project, I hope you like, comment and give advice and such as you will.

bicsi standards are considered by some to be the best cabling that can be done, i am not bicsi certified but am working at the theory behind it all.

every cable there can withstand a gigabit link as tested by a test-um validator, all wires length are measured, attenuation is checked and labeling is neat and clear. All testing was done with a pentascanner, validator and a few laptops.

google bicsi cable standards and you will see some of the nicest cabling jobs ever done, I myself deal with this stuff day in and day out and really appreciate seeing someones work who really gives a damn and knows what theyre doing. I am working towards that while still working towards my degree and certs and such. (ccna's coming up, thank you US government!)

i should read up on it - i took over redoing our office cause the people who did it were jackasses afraid to climb in the atic area and tossed all the cable over the outdoor roof!

So i redid it all, as neat as i could with what limited supplies i had.

we normally charge 500 per drop for a job that size(office building normal size whole floor) which includes time, material (cable, jacks, cable ties, velcro, j hooks, eyehooks), termination and cable certification and verification.

so when we're done we can say
ok this cable is up to Cat (5, 5e, 6) standard
there is no attenutation loss
the cable is certified
the cable is verified (speed wise, we pump 1gb of data through it to verify speeds)
the cable lengths are verified
twists are held in place on jacks and panels
labor is guaranteed for one month unless by eqipment failure

Kaos said:
bicsi standards are considered by some to be the best cabling that can be done, i am not bicsi certified but am working at the theory behind it all.

every cable there can withstand a gigabit link as tested by a test-um validator, all wires length are measured, attenuation is checked and labeling is neat and clear. All testing was done with a pentascanner, validator and a few laptops.

google bicsi cable standards and you will see some of the nicest cabling jobs ever done, I myself deal with this stuff day in and day out and really appreciate seeing someones work who really gives a damn and knows what theyre doing. I am working towards that while still working towards my degree and certs and such. (ccna's coming up, thank you US government!)

I am failing to find such pictures. :(

Back