More issues with the C3

DeadlyAura

Supreme [H]ardness
So this has been an ongoing problem since I got this system. Randomly, the system will lock up on me and force me to do a hard restart. The system locks up once every 2 days or so.

Also, often times when I try to start the PC, it will begin booting Windows, get the the screen that says "Welcome" and then the PC restarts. Sometimes after a few loops, it will boot on its own. Sometimes if I boot into Safe Mode first, then start in normal mode, it will go.

Other times (like this morning) it spent 1 1/2 hours looping before it booted up.

My initial thought was power. I bought an AOpen MicroATX Slim case from NewEgg. It came with their micro 200W PSU. So I'm thinking that the PSU is failing, because the system is on a fresh Windows install (this issue was happening before this install and was one of the things that prompted a fresh install originally.)

Specs:
Mobo/CPU: VIA C3
HDD: 80Gb Western Digital IDE
RAM: 1 Gb G.Skill DDR400
Optical: Sony DVD +/- RW

Any thoughts? Am I drawing more than 200W? Or is the PSU failing?

That's not power. A flaky PSU wouldn't act like that, and there's no way in hell a C3 system is drawing anywhere near 200W- that'd be a world record! :p

I'd suspect a bad motherboard.

Last I checked temps were around 53*C at load.

I'll graph some temp reports tomorrow and see what it says. I never thought about that so thanks.

Its in a pretty dirty area and that HSF is tiny so that may be the issue.

SpeedFan is reporting 39*C idle. Certainly nothing to be concerned with.

It's loading at 49*C, again, nothing to be concerned with. I'm starting to think it needs a fresh Windows install again, but I really don't want to do this as it is a business PC that I would need back up and running with everything restored all within the same day. :(

Any more ideas before I have to resort to this?

Back