• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

monitor stand for 3 30inchers

  • Thread starter Deleted member 82943
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 82943

Guest
in the near to distant future id like to go to 3 30inch monitors and mount them on a single sturdy stand. i'll have to start saving for a bit but researching monitors isn't too tough but the stand is. What is a good one that supports 3 30inch monitors?
 
What kind of mode you will be using the monitors in? As in LLL, or PPP?..
 
the one i have is a 16x10 i think which does 2560x1600 i think id like to run them in landscape mode or if possible the what sort of monitor sizes could i do with a single 30 in the middle and two on the side doing portrait mode?
 
If you keep your 30 in the middle in landscape mode you can have 2x 1600x1200's on the side in portrait mode.

Will you be using these for gaming? I tried 3x 30s for gaming and that didn't work out too well with the current crop of video cards.
 
i will just play on the center 30 and use the others for fun, i think i might just landscape the other 3 and use them for general greater space, id prolly need 2 690s to power 3 30s
 
I have yet to see a non custom stand that can handle three 30" in LLL. The best I have seen are ones that can handle 3 x 27". And even those were billed as being for 24" monitors. I really would like one myself.

That said. For a $200-300 or so. You could prolly find a fab shop that could make you one so long as you provided the three VESA mounts.
 
3 30 LLL would be tough to find a stand that can accomdate that. That would very wide. Maybe better to just to 3 extand arm with vesa mount, and mount them off the back of wall or from back of desk. Would be alot cheaper that way. Since 3 section extend arm that can hold 30" should only cost 40-50 each.
 
I have this: http://www.chiefmfg.com/Products/KTP320B ..
It will just barely hold 3 x 27" in LLL. It is advertised for being for 24"s. It just needs 3" or so added on the arm and it would be able to hold 30"s. Cutting the arm in an area you will not have a VESA mount and welding in a 3" spacer would not be something all that difficult, provided you have access to a welder or there is a muffler shop around you and you can talk one of the repairmen into doing 30 seconds worth of welding for a few bucks.
 
hmm all of these are great suggestions. the 27s would do 2560x1200? i'm debating a custom built system for 3 30s or going 27s and getting a factory based 3-way stand
 
I found 3 separate desk-mounts better than a single one for 3 monitors. Allows a lot more flexibility in mounting/layout.
 
hmm the problem is that there aren't many mounts for 30inch monitors...right?

i mean i could "downgrade" to 27s but I rather like the 30...3 30s would be stellar though although 27s probably seem more doable

what would you guys do? stick with 3 30s or go with 3 27s?
 
True, but the only issue is really weight limits and maybe height restrictions if you want portrait. Advertised "size" isn't really an issue.

Ergotron LX and MX mounts are good options. The LX is probably pushing it for 30", but I bought an HP rebrand of the LX for my 27" monitors and it's been fine. Portrait is a little limiting in height (they're only a couple inches off the desk).

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00358RIRC/ (LX Desk Mount)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00455GH58/ (HP Rebrand of LX Desk Mount)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001IWOBGI/

These are pretty high-end mounts though, you could find cheaper options I'm sure. I found the rebrands on another site for $75 ea, x 3 was only $225.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I've thought about getting one too, but figured I would find someone that works with metal to build one for me. A lot of out of work skilled metal workers (like with most fields) all over the place.
 
those mounts might actually work i could just place them on the desk and bolt them to the desk itself...except i think the desk i have at school is this lame particle board one...it's damn sturdy tho
 
You can also DIY if you follow this thread for a custom stand:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1602409

8.jpg
 
That looks awesome. I'm no handyman though can did u use some bolts and nuts and do it from the bottom of the desk up?
 
Whoa I'll have to check that out after work. Thanks for all the tips guys
 
i didnt really - sorry for the non update - all ive been doing lately is work and going to the gym. the project wont happen until i get some more cash in a few months but i'm still on the fence of having a customer made solution from a metal shop or getting really really sturdy 27inch mounts and trying 30inchers on them and just using those as 3 independant bolt-to-the-table mounts...
 
Back
Top