Monitor stand advice

snickster

n00b
Joined
Sep 10, 2007
Messages
2
Currently I have 3 monitors , but am planning to go to 6 monitors soon.
I have been looking at monitor stands .
I need one that is very adjustable so that the monitors will have no space between them.

Will probably just buy all new monitors and use 22-24 " LCDs.

I trade currencies and need more screen space.

From what I see the price of these stands is all over the map.From about $150 to $900 .
Does anyone have personal experience with such a stand ?

Thanks
 
What layout are you going with - 6x1, 3x2, 2x3, or 1x6?

I have a six monitor layout in 3x2 asymmetrical:

5940971437_be665b726b_z.jpg


Since I'm not using identical monitors (the lower row is PLP, the upper row LLL) or resolutions, I use 3 dual vertical monitor stands rather than a single stand for maximum flexibility. The Egrotron stands are particularly nice as they are very adjustable to make sure everything lines up and they are strong enough to take a 30" monitor (which my center one is) if necessary.
 
Thanks rtangwai !
Will be using 3X2.
I like your idea of using 3 dual vertical stands.
I was concerned about putting all those monitors on one stand.
This arrangement should be much more stable and more future proof.
 
Back
Top