Hi all,
I'm currently using a 3-4 year old Samsung 2232GW, 22" 16:10 1680x1050 resolution.
I may be in the upgrade boat for Haswell, so I may want a new monitor to go with my setup depending if I can find the budget for it. As a further sidenote, I'm actually perfectly happy with my current monitor - but I may be moving this to my work setup anyway so I may be in the market for a monitor anyway.
Looking at the monitors that the local stores carry, the more affordable upgrades seem to be in the ~23-24" range, but all are carrying 16:9 ratios, with resolution 1920x1080. Given there's only about 1" physical difference between the monitors, will the extra 240x30 resolution really be an upgrade over my current monitor? Or will the 16:10 with a smaller resolution still be better? EDIT: I saw a Dell 24" U2412 with a 16:10 but it's about 175$ more than the other 23-24"s.
A 27" won't fit so that's out of the question.
I mostly just game on this setup, if that helps.
As always, input very much appreciated. Thanks!
I'm currently using a 3-4 year old Samsung 2232GW, 22" 16:10 1680x1050 resolution.
I may be in the upgrade boat for Haswell, so I may want a new monitor to go with my setup depending if I can find the budget for it. As a further sidenote, I'm actually perfectly happy with my current monitor - but I may be moving this to my work setup anyway so I may be in the market for a monitor anyway.
Looking at the monitors that the local stores carry, the more affordable upgrades seem to be in the ~23-24" range, but all are carrying 16:9 ratios, with resolution 1920x1080. Given there's only about 1" physical difference between the monitors, will the extra 240x30 resolution really be an upgrade over my current monitor? Or will the 16:10 with a smaller resolution still be better? EDIT: I saw a Dell 24" U2412 with a 16:10 but it's about 175$ more than the other 23-24"s.
A 27" won't fit so that's out of the question.
I mostly just game on this setup, if that helps.
As always, input very much appreciated. Thanks!
Last edited: