Monitor dying?

Borgschulze

2[H]4U
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
3,579
Well this morning I turned my monitor on, and the top was bowing in toward the center....

I changed resolutions, that worked, but not if I raise the refresh rate to the limit.

So it bows in at 1600x1200@60hz and 1280x1024@75hz and so on for lower resolutions...

1600x1200 is what I play a few games at, and use my desktop at, so this is totally unacceptable...

fuckingmonitor5ce.jpg


It is NOT fixable with the geometry buttons on the monitor, and does the same thing on my old backup box with an ATi Rage 128 in it.

My monitor is a Viewsonic E90FB manufactured in November 2004, bought reburbished from TigerDirect.ca in store.

I'm going to guess right now there is no solution to this.
 
My 4 year old KDS flickers if I change the refresh past 60. Didn't do that when I got it, lemme tell ya. I would guess it is from wear on the monitor.
 
For a CRT, it's basically brand new.

I got a 14" monitor in my closet from 1996, it still does 1024x768 perfectly to this day.

I turn this monitor off when I'm not around, It's never been dropped since I have owned it (Nearly a year this summer), nothing, I don't get why it would work last night, then this morning it decides to do this...

Just like last week, my computer wouldn't even boot up over 800mhz, now I got my monitor screwing up.

Why can't things just work properly for me!
 
Back
Top