• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Monitor cables

  • Thread starter Deleted member 108676
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 108676

Guest
I just got a new monitor and it has both VGA and the new type, but it only came with the VGA cables. My video card is a 6800gt and has connections for both. My question is if I upgrade the cables will I see better graphics? The monitor is a FPD2185W. Thanks!
 
With an LCD, you always want to go DVI because it's digital all the way. You don't need an incredibly expensive DVI cable, but atleast something half way decent that doesn't look like it was made from aluminum foil and your stereo's power cable.
 
The other is DVI. The quality will be better with DVI over VGA but considering you don't even know what DVI is, you probably won't notice the difference so don't bother with it.
 
Wow. I thought Gateway FPD2185W's came with DVI cables? DVI is better, but it's a little hard to notice the difference.

I have an extra DVI cable for sale if you're interested. PM me if you want it.
 
Back
Top