Good day all ,
I have been googling the past few days , with this idea I have in my head .
First off I have a HP TX1000 netbook with a dead motherboard.
it has a 12" touch screen in it .
my idea I would like to take said laptop apart and mount it to the wall and use the touch screen to control my pc from another room (as a second monitor ) for things like music and such.
Reading around , seems I would need a controller board , I have seen a few but not 100% sure what I am looking for .
I would assume that I need a USB and vga connection
am I on the right path ?
one person commented at someone else's idea and said the board will cost $200.00
I have seen different touch screen controller boards on Ebay and such for less then $40.
at this point I haven't spent a dime getting the netbook , so I don't mind spending a few bucks to do this.
also the other room is just on the other side of the wall my computer is at.
I have been googling the past few days , with this idea I have in my head .
First off I have a HP TX1000 netbook with a dead motherboard.
it has a 12" touch screen in it .
my idea I would like to take said laptop apart and mount it to the wall and use the touch screen to control my pc from another room (as a second monitor ) for things like music and such.
Reading around , seems I would need a controller board , I have seen a few but not 100% sure what I am looking for .
I would assume that I need a USB and vga connection
am I on the right path ?
one person commented at someone else's idea and said the board will cost $200.00
I have seen different touch screen controller boards on Ebay and such for less then $40.
at this point I haven't spent a dime getting the netbook , so I don't mind spending a few bucks to do this.
also the other room is just on the other side of the wall my computer is at.