Mobility Radeon 4800 series?

Mtnduey

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - Nov. 2013/Nov. 2014
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
1,205
With all the good news and reviews coming out of the desktop line of 4800 series cards, I was hoping someone might have some info on the laptop line. I saw THIS news story today and it's talking about 800 stream processors and 55nm for the new mobility 4800 series.

Sounds good to me but this is the first I've heard of it.

Anyhow, just curious if maybe any of my fellow [H] geeks knew anything more. I tried running a search on the forums but it returned some strange results so *shrug*
 
There is very little talk about M90 series but they do exist and they work very well. M98 (Mobility 4850) is clocked much lower than the regular desktop 4850, but all other specs remain the same. It can come with up to 1 GB GDDR3 at roughly 900 MHz depending on power restrictions. I'm not going to say how high the core is clocked. M96 and M92 also exist, but they're not as mature as M98. M98 is already mature and ready to launch right now. They're holding it back because they're waiting for all the cards in the 4xxx series to be ready, and so far, only the 4800 is ready.

Don't ask me where I get my information from. Just assume everything I've said is true ;)
 
Sounds good to me. I was thinking they were waiting for all the ducks to line up before doing the release.

I didn't realize the mobility chips were so close in spec to the desktop line, that's really amazing scaling, but then again, the 4800 series thus far has been a homerun.

Thanks for the info :)
 
There is also going to be a new GPU that sits between 4600 and 4800 and it should be a very good bang for your buck on the mobile side. It's too early to give you any more information about this new product, but it does exist.
 
Back
Top