• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

mobile headphone amp

Bleedblue12345

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 1, 2004
Messages
1,942
I need a good PORTABLE headphone amp for around 50-100$ (probably not much more), either to purchase here on ebay, what is the best model? thanks
 
i higly suggest pa2v2...if u get on ebay directly from gary itll cost u around $60 but check head-fi forum...i saw some ppl let them go like $35..
 
someone gimme a cleaar, unbiased inquirey hear lol...... i want a mobile amp that i can also use at home tooo
 
coolxboxgamer said:
someone gimme a cleaar, unbiased inquirey hear lol...... i want a mobile amp that i can also use at home tooo

I would say listen to MisterX, he built my PPA and it is incredible. I would say that he is the most knowledgeable person about headphone amps on this froum.
 
coolxboxgamer said:
so the govibe 1 is the absolute best my price range?

Unless you want to commission someone to build you a Pimeta, yes. You can probably price out a Pimeta that's around $75, and then a $25 builder's fee. They can priced all the way up to $150 or more though. That's about how much mine ran, but I used stacked buffers and higher quality parts throughout.
 
kamal007 said:
pa2v2 is a piece of shit? u gotta be kiddin me



Mr. X knows his stuff.



and the fact that you list Bose Triports in your sig discredits your ethos...
 
rayman2k2 said:
Mr. X knows his stuff.



and the fact that you list Bose Triports in your sig discredits your ethos...

its a second headphone i use to listen to my ipods..i dont want to carry the hd595 plus the amp
 
kamal007 said:
its a second headphone i use to listen to my ipods..i dont want to carry the hd595 plus the amp


meh, good enough reason.



But to the OP - see if you can have someone build a PPA for you. I listened to my roommate's using my Shure E4's and I was amazed what it did for the sound.
 
a LDM+ is a good choice as well. You can pick them up used for around $50 or new off ebay for about $70 shipped. they have a very neutral sound that has great syngery with Senns (hd595 specifically) and has long battery life. I've had mine for almost 3 months and have only charged it once, and it gets almost daily use!
 
Back
Top