Mini-ITX 2.0

jadeite

n00b
Here are the specs. Looks decent. Does anyone see any promise that one day we can shrink down to Mini-ITX instead from Micro ATX? I see a glimmer of promise here, as well as some promise in the 2.5" hard disk form factor currently offering 300GB @ 10K RPM raptor, 500GB @ 5400RPM from others.

The day I can buy a mini-itx motherboard for under $100 that uses a modern amd/intel chipset and has a pci-e x16 slot I am in.

oh god damnit, I just went with micro atx motherboard and shit because I couldn't find a capable mini-itx board. FAIL FAIL FAIL.

oh well, next PC will use this type of tech.

plus, you really don't even need dual channel for HTPC boards
Too bad they're wrong on that; lack of dual channel memory is why NV had to ramp up the clock speeds on their 7000 Intel series boards and they still can't decode 1080p material without dropping frames (same results with 720p material but it's a bit more smoother).

Anyways, yeah. Once they start releasing Mini ITX boards with modern chipsets, support for desktop CPUs and a PCIe x16 slot is when I'll really give a shit.

Nowhere on that list did I see "substantially cheaper retail price" anywhere on their list of improvements.

Back