Microwave makes wi fi disconnect.

Mopower

Gawd
One of my customers is complaining that their microwave shuts off their wi fi. I went to there house and did a bunch of tests and sure enough it is the problem. It's a Panasonic Inverter. I searched google and this is a problem that a lot of people are having with this particular microwave. I have tried changing the channels on the router. I have tried different brands of routers. They all do it. They use 802.11 G for everything. I thought about using N and seeing what happens but none of their devices are N capable. Is there anything else I can do? Has anyone else had this problem?

Replace the microwave, it is leaking radiation.

Here's how to confirm: http://www.wikihow.com/Check-a-Microwave-for-Leaks

You can also switch to the 5GHz band.

that's bull shit!

That's not what that means.. your microwave puts out between 600-1500 watts of rf power, compared to your little router that puts out maybe 200mw to 1watt if that.

Change the wifi router channel, or use 5gig range.

that's bull shit!

That's not what that means.. your microwave puts out between 600-1500 watts of rf power, compared to your little router that puts out maybe 200mw to 1watt if that.

Change the wifi router channel, or use 5gig range.

o_O how is what you said different from what I said? :rolleyes:

Replace the microwave, it is leaking radiation.

Here's how to confirm: http://www.wikihow.com/Check-a-Microwave-for-Leaks

You can also switch to the 5GHz band.

I've actually tried those out of curiosity on my brand new microwave. If I put a laptop in it I get full bars. Though I did not unplug it when I did it, does that actually make a difference?

Same with the cordless or cell phone they both work inside. Or maybe I do have a leak. :eek:

They use 802.11 G for everything. I thought about using N and seeing what happens but none of their devices are N capable.

There are plenty of benefits to going with N even with most if not all G clients. MIMO, etc.

IMO use the opportunity to upgrade to a dual-band router/AP. There will be immediate benefits for G users, and the client computers can gradually upgrade to N (preferably 5Ghz) over time.

As stated before, the microwave probably has a leak. Obliviously, it is far more powerful than the wifi router, but there should NOT be much radiation leak at all, especially one that disrupts communication at distance.

As stated before, the microwave probably has a leak. Obliviously, it is far more powerful than the wifi router, but there should NOT be much radiation leak at all, especially one that disrupts communication at distance.

There is very little that leaks, we are not talking about old old 1980 microwaves here, of course they leak a little, there is only so much you can do to prevent it, and the only TRUE way is useing copper..

ANYWAYS obviousness the microwave is in the middle or between the router, causing the issue.

Move the router or move the microwave,

IF YOU REALLY REALLY want to see if the microwave is leaking, take a florescent bulb and wave it in front of the microwave or near it on all / any sides with it on and if the light lights up bright you have issues, if nothing then your safe, bet you that your save tho and just wasting time..

There is very little that leaks, we are not talking about old old 1980 microwaves here, of course they leak a little, there is only so much you can do to prevent it, and the only TRUE way is useing copper..

ANYWAYS obviousness the microwave is in the middle or between the router, causing the issue.

Move the router or move the microwave,

IF YOU REALLY REALLY want to see if the microwave is leaking, take a florescent bulb and wave it in front of the microwave or near it on all / any sides with it on and if the light lights up bright you have issues, if nothing then your safe, bet you that your save tho and just wasting time..

lmao, you just repeated what I said 10 posts ago, which you called bullshit.

lmao, you just repeated what I said 10 posts ago, which you called bullshit.

my point is i bet there is nothing wrong with his microwave. Its the location of his router.

AND i was calling b's on the leaking and replacing, no need to. :p :D:D

I'm skeptical that switching channels will resolve the issue... it seems likely that the microwave isn't going to adhere to a narrow frequency range.

Back