Microsoft and BSA Question

auswipe

Gawd
I know of a firm that is a Gold Partner MSDN that is selling between 8 - 16 servers with license from their MSDN pack (Win2k3 64-bit, SQL Server 2005 64-bit, etc). Is this something that is covered by their MSDN agreement or something that should be reported to the BSA?

"""# Your rights. You may:

* have your staff make and install copies of the software on any number of servers, personal computers, and media on your premises for use pursuant to these terms; and

* let your staff, faculty, and students use such copies, and make one additional copy on their own computer or other device, but only (a) to develop, support, conduct, or take the STEM courses, labs, or programs you offer; (b) in non-commercial STEM research on your behalf; or (c) to design, develop, test, and demonstrate software programs for the above purposes.

# Restrictions. You may not use the software:

* for commercial purposes; or

* to develop and maintain your own administrative or IT systems. """

FROM - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/academic/bb250608.aspx

They don't have the Educational MSDN subscription. They have the fancy pants Gold Partner subscription and I don't see a EULA for that looking at their site.

MSDN FAQ

Should answer your question ;)

The short answer is the licenses given to any Microsoft Certified or Gold Certified partner are NOT for resell.

They also could be using action packs.

Microsoft Certified and Gold Certified Partners are not permitted to an purchase Action Pack since the MSDN and Technet licenses cover everything the Action Pack offers plus more.

Furthermore, the Action Pack EULA prohibits reselling individual licenses.

I humbly ask that b4 you call the BSA, you are sure what you think is happening is actually happening.

As a side question, are you just a concerned citizen, a competitor, potential buyer, or are you a disgruntled ex-employee? ;) I kid, I kid. :D

I humbly ask that b4 you call the BSA, you are sure what you think is happening is actually happening.

As a side question, are you just a concerned citizen, a competitor, potential buyer, or are you a disgruntled ex-employee? ;) I kid, I kid. :D

doesn't Microsoft give money for ratting out the bad guys? :eek: :D

Back