pokehergently
n00b
- Joined
- Nov 24, 2005
- Messages
- 16
Bear with me here because I have a bit of explaining to do.
My rig had an Audigy 2 ZS that all of a sudden began producing crackled and distorted audio in addition to causing a frame rate drop when this occurs during games. Audio coming through Vent, etc, would also be crackling.
So I tried various drivers, including the KX drivers, with no success. I also have a DFI Lanparty Ultra - D with onboard audio. Removed the audigy and re-enabled the on-board audio and plugged everything in. I have my audio working now, but I cannot get my mic to work!
Under Windows sound properties in the control panel the only option for devices is the realtek ac97 audio, but considering my mic is plugged into that device it should work, right?
Attempting to test voice hardware will not pick up anything from the mic, but will instead show whatever is being played through the speakers!
I'd definitely appreciate some pointers.
My rig had an Audigy 2 ZS that all of a sudden began producing crackled and distorted audio in addition to causing a frame rate drop when this occurs during games. Audio coming through Vent, etc, would also be crackling.
So I tried various drivers, including the KX drivers, with no success. I also have a DFI Lanparty Ultra - D with onboard audio. Removed the audigy and re-enabled the on-board audio and plugged everything in. I have my audio working now, but I cannot get my mic to work!
Under Windows sound properties in the control panel the only option for devices is the realtek ac97 audio, but considering my mic is plugged into that device it should work, right?
Attempting to test voice hardware will not pick up anything from the mic, but will instead show whatever is being played through the speakers!
I'd definitely appreciate some pointers.