Microphone/background noise question

blade12

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 29, 2005
Messages
346
Hey, I just bought a zalman ZM- mic and I was wondering if there is any way to minimize the background noise? There is just so much background noise entering mic that it is driving me nuts. I usually use teamspeak 2 or ventrilo when gaming. Is there anything I can do to get rid of the background noise or atleast minimize it? Thankz :p
 
Really it is the circuitry. Mic inputs on a soundcard are basically useless for getting quality sound for voice. You can try reducing volume a bit or try speaking off to the side a little . If the card has a Mic boost and it should under advanced on the Mic strip. Try turning that off.
Different cards have different quality mic amps but most are junk used as a sellling point for soundcards. Hope this helps
 
Back
Top