Microcenter has e-GeForce 6600 GT 128MB PCI-E 16x $108.53 - $45 MIR = $63.53

Retsam

2[H]4U
Well, I dont know how many people will be able to get in on this, as the 2 giant forums of the hot deal community have had at the site for 3 hours already, and they are already backordered but...worth a shot.

[font=Verdana,Arial]Microcenter has e-GeForce 6600 GT 128MB PCI-E 16x $108.53 - $45 MIR = $63.53

LINK

[/font](I take no credit for this find, credit for this deal goes to johnnqq of AT)

Yeah I saw that. Im glad its not a micro center rebate. The thing about this deal though is, even if there wasnt a rebate, this deal would be good heh. At least, if they are backordered(assuming they dont cancel your order, which they may very well do), is the rebate doesnt end till 10/2, so thats a while for them to get more in stock.

why would you buy one of these? I have a 9800 pro that is better.... the 6600GT only has 128bit memory

This has been "backordered" for hours. :p I ordered one when it was first posted on FW, then got the backorder notice a couple of hours later.

I'd hope that the cards come back in stock, but I'm not holding my breath.

9800 pro and 6600gt are about even slick, 6600gt is even slightly faster . And, evga cards have a lifetime warranty now. Also, im sure you didnt pay less than $70 for the 9800 pro.... Not to mention SLI possibilities.

pxc said:
This has been "backordered" for hours. :p I ordered one when it was first posted on FW, then got the backorder notice a couple of hours later.

I'd hope that the cards come back in stock, but I'm not holding my breath.
Yeah I know heh. Cause fatwallet got it after AT did. I ordered mine at around 1:00pm(pst) about 4 hours ago, and even mine is backordered. Im not going to hold my breath either heh

WHOA? Is this really that good of a deal? Like the top end cards and stuff right now? If so I'll be sure to pick one up. My school is right behind MicroCenter.

I assume this could be purchased at a store?

actually my 9800pro was free :)

my friend was really nice, he gave it to me after he won a raffle for a 6800GT :D

trinkus79 said:
why would you buy one of these? I have a 9800 pro that is better.... the 6600GT only has 128bit memory
As some have been trying to hint :D:

A person looking for a PCI-E isn't going to buy an agp 9800pro

The 6600gt has been proven time and time again to be equal to or better than a 9800pro

;)

trinkus79 said:

Yeah that's great and all, but you need to do a bit of research. The 6600GT is actually quite a bit better than your 9800 pro. The type of memory interface dosen't have any sort of direct relation to a totally different card with a totally different chipset.

actually...i hate to say this, but the 6600gt does not always have the upper hand when it comes to higher resolutions. the 9800pro/xt is much better at handling higher resolutions

gotkilled said:
actually...i hate to say this, but the 6600gt does not always have the upper hand when it comes to higher resolutions. the 9800pro/xt is much better at handling higher resolutions

What are you gunna play BF2, at 1600x1200 on a 9800pro? I think not.

6600GT is much faster at Far Cry than 9800pro... Not that that alone interests you, but that means games based on that engine will be faster too.

Just wanted everyone to know (and to keep this thread on track !!!!!!s) is that this partucular card can't be currently used in an SLI setup. Nvida drivers will reject the card and request you replace it with something that accepts SLI. I know from experience and this card is also not listed on the approved SLI site ran by Nvidia.

I went to the Santa Clara one in CA, I'm see if I can order it. NEVER GIVE UP!!!!

undeadsac said:
Just wanted everyone to know (and to keep this thread on track !!!!!!s) is that this partucular card can't be currently used in an SLI setup. Nvida drivers will reject the card and request you replace it with something that accepts SLI. I know from experience and this card is also not listed on the approved SLI site ran by Nvidia.

Note the SLI connector in the picture. And from nVidia:

GEFORCE 6600 GT:
Albatron GF6600GT
AOpen Aeolus 6600GT-DV128
Asus Extreme N6600GT
BFG BFGR6600GTOCX
Chaintech SE6600G
eVGA 128-P2-N368-AX/BX
Galaxy GeForce 6600GT
Gainward PowerPack! Ultra/1960 PCX XP
Gigabyte GV-3D1 (use with GA-K8NXP-SLI only)
Gigabyte NX66T128D
Inno3D Inno3D GeForce 6600GT
Leadtek WinFast PX6600GT
MSI MS-8983 NX6600GT-VTD128E/NX6600GT-TD128E
MSI NX6600GT
Palit GeForce 6600GT
PNY Verto GeForce 6600GT VCG6600GXPB
Prolink PV-N43UE(128KD)
Sparkle SPPX43
XFX/Pine XFX GeForce 6600GT PCI-E (PV-T43G-ND)

EVGA also says this card is SLI capable

Well they look to have removed the link from the site and the only 6600GT I see is the BFG one. Good deal if you got in. They should honor their price if you got in on backorder. I got my 6800gt from them back in Dec04 and it was backordered until Jan 14th 2005. I did get it and I wasnt charged until the thing shipped. Awesome deal.

And my OCZ 600w powerstream isn't recommended PS from AMD. :rolleyes:

I highly doubt you can't SLI a pcie 6600GT with the connector. It's probably not something you'd want to do anyway at this point.

This still works for in store purchases, right? Do the local stores carry the eVGA cards? Mine doesn't have it. :(

undeadsac said:
that would be all well and good if this card were the AX OR BX versions, but its the TX so I do rest my case.

Read the eVGA site, it says the TX is SLI compatible under "Specifications."

just called to check the status of my backorder.

Mircocenter guy was way nice. "Sir can I call you when I can get a possible ETA on your shipment?" Im like sure... Before I got off the phone with him I asked how many people were on backorder.

300!
Wouldn't devuldge what number I was on the list. Im there!

hyunee said:

Mircocenter guy was way nice. "Sir can I call you when I can get a possible ETA on your shipment?" Im like sure... Before I got off the phone with him I asked how many people were on backorder.

300!

I had the same issue. I ordered 1st week dec 05 it didnt show up until Jan 21st or so. I kept calling and calling (politely, I assure you) and they did come through. 20% off a retail priced 6800GT at the time was a hot deal. (OLD LINK to DEAD DEAL) It was a painful three weeks but I got my card.

I thought id point out, that for AGP people who couldnt get on this deal. Or maybe just anyone who wants an AGP card.

monarchcomputer.com has the same card but agp version for $148 with a $20 rebate. So $128 with free shipping.

Zipzoomfly.com has the same card for $139 with a $15 rebate. So $124 with free 2nd day shipping.

hyunee said:

300!

Hopefully all 300 of us will get them. :cool:

I'm doing this off of memory, but someone asked me about this about a week or two ago.

That item is/was an M-decked item, which means discontinued and they drop the price until they all sell. Once they are out, they are out, as far as I know, at least in the stores.

The odd part, when I looked up the SKU for this item a week or two ago, it had been replaced by another 6600 that wasn't discontinued and had a much higher price.

Basically, I wouldn't hold your breath for this deal unless you've gotten a confirmation that they are shipping it.

Astaroth

I just got an email from Microcenter showing the card has been shipped. Damn, I'd given up on it and went ahead and ordered a AGP replacement motherboard for my system. :rolleyes: This makes me want to upgrade my system to an X2 now. :confused:

If anyone who ordered this and didn't download the rebate form needs it let me know because it's not on their website anymore. Just PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you.
Roberty

Roberty said:
I just got an email from Microcenter showing the card has been shipped. Damn, I'd given up on it and went ahead and ordered a AGP replacement motherboard for my system. :rolleyes: This makes me want to upgrade my system to an X2 now. :confused:
this mirrors my experience. They did ship it, but it took a while....

Yes. I called them today. Keep in mind, I have received no email saying its going to ship. He told me, that they have plenty in stock. So im like "uhhhhh, so wheres mine then", he said it would ship this week or next. So anyone still on back order, EXPECT to get your cards within 2 weeks. Even if you are on backorder and havnt received an update email yet, it should be shipping.

looks like i missed it again, it is at $176 now, and the rebate link is also not working.

Got mine today and filled out the EVGA rebate. So I guess Microcenter is on the up and up. Wish I'd know I would get it a week or so ago though.

They shipped mine today. Can anyone give me the information to rebate info, its gone.

Back