• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Mesh Size: Improved Cooling?

Slachtbeest

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 27, 2008
Messages
248
Just wondering how much, if at all, the size of mesh holes really makes a difference in cooling.

Example: I use the HAF 932 and the mesh on the side is very small holes (which also makes for more noise pulling air through)... but I have mesh I could replace it with, the holes are 3x's+ the size.

Would it really make a difference in cooling from the side fans?

I believe the mesh I have is 69% airflow. The very small holes on the HAF 932 must be much less than that.

I want to get better cooling at least by a few degrees on my NB/SB and CPU a bit, especially in the summer, so thinking of modding the case, cutting out the original mesh, and replacing it with the larger-holed mesh.

Would it really make a difference?
 
MNPCTech has a modders mesh page here, and references two types and their respective airflow characteristics.
 
MNPCTech has a modders mesh page here, and references two types and their respective airflow characteristics.

Yeah, that's where I got my mesh, but the question is: will is really provide noticeably better cooling when using larger mesh? Or not make that much difference at all?
 
Back
Top