Menu not loading when I try to reformat with Vista recovery CD.

Loser_guy

Limp Gawd
DSC_1125.jpg

That's as far as it gets. I tried letting it set and load (HD light was flashing.. so why not try) but nothing happened..

I'm using the recovery DVD that came with my laptop. I've had to use it once so I know it works, but now isn't. There are a few moderate scratches that i've buffed on with a disk doctor and some toothpaste but I don't think that is the problem.

Is there some kind of setting in the bios that needs changed or what?

I've never used a vista one, but I had to use an XP recovery disc on a friend's laptop once and it took a loooooooong time to do its thing. Like several hours from start to finish. Maybe it takes a while to get going?

I've never used a vista one, but I had to use an XP recovery disc on a friend's laptop once and it took a loooooooong time to do its thing. Like several hours from start to finish. Maybe it takes a while to get going?

Well I've done this before and I don't remember it taking anytime to load the menu that asks whether want to repair, reformat etc.

when I'm feeling more patient/having something else to do I'll try letting it sit for a while and see if anything decides to show up.

Back