Memory Problems Overclocking 3000+ Venice

Joined
May 21, 2005
Messages
13
I've been using Eclipse's overclocking guide to overclock my 64 3000+ Venice, and have had no problems overclocking until I hit overclocking the memory.
I can bring my FSB up to 260 no sweat, but can only get the system to post, much less get into Windows running the memory at a 1:2 ratio, aka 100mhz with default timings of 3-4-4-8.
I've tested the memory with memtest the highest it can get with default timings is 226mhz. I've tried upping the voltage, but that only leads to more errors. I've tried other timings, but nothing seems to work besides the stock, and many timings won't post and I have to flash the BIOS simply to get the thing to post.

My specs:
AMD 64 3000+ Venice
MSI K8N Neo-2 Nvidia nForce 3 250 motherboard
512x2 Muskin Value Ram Running Dual Channel
120 Seagate Sata Hd on Sata port #3
Rosewill 400W Power supply
...other crap you don't care about

Anyone have any ideas about timings or ratios I should try?
Heat is no issue with this baby, its only the memory Im having trouble with.
And of course I want the highest speed I can get with some decent ram speed; the 1:2 just isn't cutting it.

Thanks in advance!
 
Back
Top