ME tweaks and a problem

Meng-Chieh

Weaksauce
Can ppl post some links to a few Win ME tweak guides? Much appreaciated.

Also, I've run into a problem with ME install. When I did so, I selected custom setup and got rid of the apps that I didn't need/want such as online services. However, (i'm not sure if that was the cause or not, but just thought that I'd mention it), whenver I start the computer now i'm prompted for a password at the win logon screen. Now all I have to do is hit enter and it'll continue on, but it's still very annoying. Can anyone tell me how to disable this?

That login was MS sick idea of security for ME. You should check out www.blackviper.com for any help on ME. Personally i wont touch the things. Id rather run 98se...or maybe 95 than ME. I'd reccomend you check out newegg for maybe win2k or XP home. ANYTHING (freeBSD, Linux..anything) but ME.

Codesamurai.

If you have ME set up for networking it will ask you for the password, if you are not using networking disable it and the password box should disappear.

I have found that loading it all then deleting the unwanted parts works better than the custom install.

AND disable the automatic updates. they screw up ME everytime it goes on to check for updates.

Microsoft will change everything to their defaults when auto update is enabled and screw up programs that have been set up to work together out of the "default" settings.

Do your updates by going to microsoft and reading the actual update and what it does BEFORE allowing it to load. the thirty some lanquge up dates are not needed by everybody and some of them change the way some of the programs work.

Keep Microsoft from changing ME and it will work fine.

Here's the ultimate tweek for Windows ME in four easy steps.

1. Format your OS HDD.
2. Low-level format your OS HDD using the utility supplied by your HDD manufacturer. (just incase some of the virus has survived)
3. Install windows 2000 or Windows XP Pro.
4. Enjoy using a real OS.

Hope this helped.

Seriously, Winodws ME is shit. Get a new OS, even downgrade to windows 98 if you have to .

S1nF1xx said:
Here's the ultimate tweek for Windows ME in four easy steps.

1. Format your OS HDD.
2. Low-level format your OS HDD using the utility supplied by your HDD manufacturer. (just incase some of the virus has survived)
3. Install windows 2000 or Windows XP Pro.
4. Enjoy using a real OS.

Hope this helped.

Seriously, Winodws ME is shit. Get a new OS, even downgrade to windows 98 if you have to .
I would go one step further and say Douse the harddrive in holy water. Then light it on fire. Then, drop it off a high building.

Then get another harddrive, and load something a little more useful ( like dos ).

XOR != OR said:
I would go one step further and say Douse the harddrive in holy water. Then light it on fire. Then, drop it off a high building.

Then get another harddrive, and load something a little more useful ( like dos ).

Holywater....LMFAO! :p
Don't forget to drive a wooden stake through it's heart. lol

S1nF1xx said:
Holywater....LMFAO! :p
Don't forget to drive a wooden stake through it's heart. lol
I tried. Do you have any idea how hard the outter casing is on a harddrive?

Fortunately, we had a stake launcher...

Back