• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

MCW60 bad contact

Sloth

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 26, 2005
Messages
147
Well after leak testing for 18 hours I installed my Swiftech Apex Ultra+ in my computer. My CPU and chipset temps are awesome, but my 7800gt is running at 50C at idle! A quick 6 second run of RTHDR skyrockets the temp to 88C. After reseating the block temps are still the same. I could physicly see about a 1mm gap between the block and the die, so I used a little bit more thermal compound to fill in the gap. Temps still suck.

This is my exact card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130035

It looks like when they machined the copper part they went a bit too far, hence the small gap.

Anyone got any ideas on what I should do?

Well I'm going to go install my stock cooler so I can atleast run some benchies.

Thanks in advance.
 
Back
Top