• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Maxtor Shared Storage Drive question

hexden

n00b
Joined
Nov 18, 2012
Messages
41
I have a Maxtor Shared Storage Drive (MSS) which is a NAS connected to my wired Ethernet network. And I can no longer access the info on it and there are some files I need from it. I think that the hard drive may have been corrrupted. I pulled the hard drive out of the case and it spun up. The hard drive is a 200 GB IDE Maxtor. I don't know what OS the Maxtor Shared Storage drive uses (I think it's a Linux varient) or the file system but I know it isn't FAT or NTFS. Does anyone know what file system the MSS uses and a program that can access it? Thanks.
 
You could always try booting up with a live linux usb or dvd and see if you can access the files off the disk.
 
Back
Top