[deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new One Touch drives come in 120, 200, 250, and 300GB sizes.

All except the 120 (USB2) are dual-interface (USB2 & 1394).

It wouldn't necessarily be that cheaper. The ADS Tech USB/FW enclosure runs $99 and a 120GB goes for $139. Already looking at $240 right there. The Maxtor 120GB OneTouch runs $199. Plus the features on the OneTouch drives are sweeeeeeeeeet. Push one button, back up the shit you want backed up.

In my opinion, and many others that have used the onetouch and the seagate version will agree that seagate's external 160GB is better in almost every way.

I was about to purchase the 250GB one touch about a month ago, but after some research I opted for the Seagate one.

The design is more solid, smaller and quieter.

One minus is that it comes only in 160GB format as of now. but they're supposed to release 200gb one soon.

The seagate model also has the one touch backup function.
Also, the software (CMS bounceback express) is pretty nifty too.
It does a full backup of whatever directory you desire, and after that it only backs up files that have been modified.

Amazon.com seems to offer rebates pretty often on the seagate drive.
Although they've never shipped my items on time. (took 3 weeks)

but I got it for ($231 - $20 (courtesy discount for screwing up) - $50 rebate) $161 shipped. Which isn't bad at all.

If you're thinking about external hard drive storage, I recommend you put the seagate at the top of your list. =)

Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back