• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Maxtor HD kinda loud.......

daragon

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 17, 2005
Messages
224
I have a Maxtor 300gig sata HD and, well, it's kinda loud. It make a grinding noise that I have come to associate with Maxtor, as all my previous Maxtor drives have made the same noise.
I had a friend that also noticed this a while ago, and used something called "drive silencer" or something like that, and got it to shut up, and run near silent. Anyone know what it is, or ANYTHING like it?
 
Ive heard of something like this happening, but its not really a sound problem its an actuall hardware problem. I had a hardrive that made a loud click, and it wouldnt even run. I told a buddy about it and he told me about some program, i dont know the name right now but i can get it. anyways it fixed the problem, no more sound but better yet, no more error.
 
Back
Top