• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Maximum volume help, creative... windows 7

GN85

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
252
Is there a way to lower the maximum volume in windows 7? I'm using earphones with my creative xtrememusic, and well... the volume is just too damn loud. I'm using the lowest possible volume (5%) on the taskbar right now, but higher is too high, and lower is well... mute. If I change settings, like gaming to entertainment mode, I'll literally blow my ear drums if I don't notice the volume change.

So... any way to limit the volume? In windows XP there was a second volume control, but there's no such setting in win7.
 
You can always change the per-app volume as well.

I could, but that'll just cause me more trouble. Imagine lowering the volume in Firefox, and then forgetting to lower it in a game? And even then, I still have the same problem. 5% is already pretty loud, and if I lower it to 4%, sound doesn't even come out of the earphones. 6% is too loud.

win7crapvolume.gif


If I go any louder, I bust my ears. If I go any lower, I don't hear anything. So the volume control is useless to me.
 
Get a cord to add a resistor before your headphones? Or get a new pair of headphones? Honestly, I've never had any problem like this, with any of my headphones or machines.
 
I know, I could get something like that, but I'm low on cash, so a non-hardware solution would be great, if possible.
 
Back
Top