mATX or ITX Z390 MoBo Options with Auto-OC for Turbo Freq??

RedJamaX

n00b
I'm currently running a 2500K (yes) at 4.7GHz on an Asus Z68M, Upgrading to a 9700K soon...
- 4.7GHz was achieved using the ASUS A.I. Auto-Overclock Utility
- 4.7 is only applied to the Turbo Frequency, so it is not running at 4.8 ALL the time
- 4.7 is used along with Speed-step, so when idle or low use, the CPU is running at lower clocks
- This is my Game Rig. (1080 Ti, 16GB 2133, EVGA 850W Supernova B2, 500GB 960-Evo on riser card)

Current build considerations and WHY...
- Micro-ATX: MSI MPG Z390M Gaming EDGE AG
- ITX: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX/AC

Why these?? (according to reviews)
- Great feature set for Micro-ATX Z390 boards
- Overclock and stability potential due to VRM implementation

My questions...
Does MSI, or ASRock, (or any other Mfg,) implement Any sort of "Easy-Button" for Auto-Overclocking ...
AND is it always locked at that frequency, or does it work in conjunction with Speed-Step?
OR... Are the results for the 9700K so consistent that the extra performance going to be marginal, and I should just stick with ASUS since I know it has those features?

Thank You in advance... Any help is appreciated.

More information for those who just want to scoff at the suggestion of "Auto-OC"....
Based on the manuals and video reviews, I do not see any mention of Auto-Overclocking (the "easy-button") for the potential boards I have selected. Also, for the information I have seen on these boards, they always have the frequency permanently locked at 4.9xxGHz, or simply makes no mention of whether or not it is being applied to the Turbo Frequency.

"Why would ANYBODY want Auto-OC?"
- I spent several hours tweaking the manual O.C. settings on my Z68 and I only got to 4.9 (unstable), or about 4.8 stable, but the XMP profile wouldn't work. Effectively, that meant that the overall performance was lower due to the memory bandwidth running at 1600 instead of 2133. Waste of time... The Asus A.I. Auto-OC only took 30 minutes to process.
- Yes, my PSU is good quality (EVGA Supernova 850 B2)
- More importantly... I have other things to do... Career, Home Maintenance, Taking care of my kids... etc... etc...
Why use Speed-Step??
- Electricity isn't cheap... If you don't pay the bills, or if you don't care... great... But I DO.
- Also... Fans running at high speed "All the time", even while I'm just searching Google... is just annoying.

What I already know....
- Asus Z390 boards do have the features that I am looking for. Apparently, they even have presets that are "very likely" to be stable for the most popular CPUs
- Asus has gotten bad reviews on overclocking potential due to their average, or even sub-par VRM configurations

Back