major problems installing sound card

Zeke

Gawd
Joined
Apr 19, 2003
Messages
837
Well, I've always been using my Sound Blaster Audigy 2 and it's been fine, but I moved it's PCI position so I reinstalled the drivers. I uninstalled the old ones first and reinstalled trhe new ones. Now, every time I boot up it says "unable to load user interface please reinstall the application". I've reinstalled about 3 or 4 times now and I get the same message every time, what the heck can I do? The sound card is working, it just wont let me change ANY settings, like volume or anything when I try to go to the Volume Control thing.

P.S. When I click ont he Creative Volume Control it says "unable to lad needed components, please reinstall the application." And in the margin at the top it says "Surround Mixer (MxMgr.mxc). Please help!!!
 
that doesn't help, it still does the same thing, I think there's some kind of embedded driver file in my registry or something that's making it freak out every time
 
Back
Top