"Main BIOS checksum is bad"

9mmx19

[H]ard|Gawd
I get this message when I try to reflash the BIOS on my A8V Deluxe. Im guessing it happened when it crashed after messing with some OCing... How do I fix this? Dont tell me I have to send it back to ASUS... /shudder

You get this message after you flash the A8V Deluxe. It's normal, all its saying is that you have to go into the bios now and setup your settings. This happens everytime after I flash my bios.

Umm actually I think something is wrong.

So for some reason I cant get back to version 1014 (newest). I tried going to 1013 and it worked. I thought I could go back but nope. Then I tried 1012. But from 1012 I can only go to 1013 again. No 1014. WTFFFFF?!?!?!

Hmm, how are you flashing it? Try redownloading the 1014 bios. Strange how it's doing that.

I did try redownloading it. Thats what I was using when messing with 1013 and 1012.

Personally I always flash in DOS........after the flash is reported complete I reboot and immediately load optimized defaults (etc) first before anything else, reboot, and then tweak settings as necessary.

i've been flashing my a8v-deluxe with the windows tool--and haven't had any problems so far--however i have has some weird issues when flashing the a8n-sli deluxe from windows --so i have been flashing the nf4's from dos--

try flashing 1014f from dos :eek:

This was all done in DOS with the cool AFUDOS thing from a boot disk. Maybe I should actually ttry doing it from windows...

Solved - it was all cuz I was using an old versionf of AFUDOS. Stupid huh? I tried to dl a the new one a while back and awesome site was having problems so I just used the one off the CD. That one woudlnt let me go to 1014 for some reason. Just redled AFUDOS and it finally worked.

Thx for the help and patience ppl =)

Back