Mail Relay Setup for Security System.. help!

Suprnova04

Limp Gawd
We recently installed a security system here with card readers, POE Cameras, etc. Everything is working great, but I can't get the email notifications to go through. You can set up notifications to be sent off when triggered by specific events, and I'd like to utilize this.

I've tried setting up a "Receive Connector" (exchange 2010) to relay mail from the security server's IP address, but I've never done this before and so I'm probably doing something wrong. Here are the settings I've used thus far:

FQDN: mail-server-name.domain.com
IP Addresses to receive mail: (All available IPv4)
Receive mail from remote servers that have these IP Addresses: X.X.X.X = local IP of security system server
Authentication: Externally secured
Permission Groups: Exchange servers

Like I said, I've never done this before.. so does anyone know what I might want to change?

Thanks a lot folks, appreciate the help.

Think you want anon users for the connector. or just add the local ip of the dvr in the send connector

Thanks a bunch for replying! I actually just figured out the main problem: The security server had the wrong DNS IP addresses, and when I fixed that the email came through.

Interestingly, when I don't use the Receive Connector, the "From" field comes from a name I didn't ever set.. I'm assuming it's something native to the hardware/software setup. When I use the Receive Connector however, the "From" field is specific to the address and account name specified by me in the server software.

Thanks!
-Dan-

Back