• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Mackie MR5s

Jynio

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 6, 2004
Messages
232
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with these speakers?

http://www.amazon.com/Mackie-MR5-Re...8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1237965403&sr=8-1

I was thinking about picking up a pair and replacing my old Klipsch Promedia 2.1s. I'm in an apartment, so I probably won't buy a separate subwoofer unless it's really necessary down the road. I figured the MR5s would be a good size for the desktop, and they should be able to fill my small 11x13' room. They're 55W a piece, with 5.25" woofers. Price would be around 400USD online with taxes/shipping.

I recently sold my m-audio sound card, so I'm running onboard with my P5Q-Pro motherboard. Any recommendations for what else I would need?

Other options were the KFK RP5 or 6s, M-Audio BX5A, or Swan M200MKII (although the Swans are difficult to find in Canada).

Will this be a good move and a nice step up from the old promedias? They'll be for music 95% of the time, playing basically every genre. Any other suggestions are more than welcome, although I want to stick with a 2.0/2.1 setup.

Cheers.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Can you get any KRK VXT? They are pretty solid. Any of them. Adam A5?

I think the Mackie's should be decent. Looks like you're mainly looking at studio monitors though...
 
I checked out the KRK VXT6s, but they're getting close to 1000cad for the pair, while I can get the Mackies for about 475cad. I'm just getting tired of these typical pc speakers with the muddy bass, and lack of mids, so that's the main reason I'm looking to upgrade.
 
Back
Top