Mach II

2Fresh

2[H]4U
Have my Barton2500 up to 2.76. Not all he way done. Still need a few things..top grills onthe Panflow 120mm's, wire wrap on a few wires, have some green cc's I will be adding..little things of this sort. But I think it is look ok for now. =) When I got it all was solid black..base and all. I did the window, 2 120mm holes with rad in the top, bottom plexi, ccfl's, sound proofing, stuff like that.

Not the best pics... was in a hurry.

sidefront1.JPG

more.JPG

tmp1.JPG

I'm assuming that your Barton 2500+ is not the mobile version? If so kudos to you pal. I couldn't get my Barton 2500+ (non-mobile) over 2600MHz w/o crashing on my A7N8X Ultra 400 with a core voltage of 1.85, even with the Mach II. However, the overclock was all cpu because the FSB never seemed to be stable over 210Mhz (420 effectively). I didn't get a chance to try the OC on my new Abit NF7-S before I left for the UK, but I'll try again when I get home in August.

Post some benchies on that rig so that I can see what it's capable of! :D

Dont have the specs on hand of the chip, I never really bother with them. It was just one of the ones from Newegg a while back for like $85, I know it is not a moblie, though. I run at 240x11.5. I should try and get the FSB higher. I think I just hate testing for stability, so I left it where it was safe. ;)

I have no benchs, it is not even running at this time. My SATA plug on my hdd broke off. I am so pissed. All of my data is still on the hdd but I cant get it...I have no clue what to do. Anyway, I tried to put in a Segate lastnight but for some reason I am getting a disk read error...thought it was new...hmmmm. :(

Well, I think that the difference between the Promethia and the Vapochill is that the Promethia uses a Danfoss compressor for the refrigerant (R-134). I can't remember the specs exactly, but the Vapochill Extreme Edition (heard that one before) removes 180W and the Promethia Mach II removes ~220W of heat.

Theoretically, you could set up a chain of compressors > heat exchanger > evaporator/component block > heat exchanger > compressor > etc..., but you would have to build your own evaporators for the GPU, Chipset, HDDs, etc. All of the other hardware could be purchased off of the shelf at HVAC/Mechanical distributors. Just be sure that you braze the refrigerant tubing properly to ensure that the system is closed and recharge your refrigerant from time to time.

M4d-K10wN said:
Indeed. Too bad neither kit has a GPU block.

Exactly my thoughts. If some sort of mod was made (I have no idea how) they dude would clean up. I still put an mcw50-t (TEC) on my GPU, but to have it all off the Mach would be nice.

Well extremeresources have a nice mach 2 GT vs LS review out.

the GT I think maxes out at 200 W load or something whereas the LS go up to 240...

However the GT runs cooler for CPU:s that don´t go above 200 which is just about every chip out today...

But nVentiv is no more as we all know by now. I was this close getting a mach 2 instead of what I got in my sig. I am kind of glad I didn´t since I can´t afford killing one...

if you are a good person just ask baker18 at XR if he will sell you one of his famous gpu blocks.

Installed some new gear. Seems the temp problem was just the DFI. All is well now. I am at -35 to -39 on current set up. :)

Back