m6805 problem

NooNe

Limp Gawd
My moms Emachines M6805 is riddled with viruses and spyware. I've tried many spyware removers as well as virus removers and nothing seems to be working. I've decided to reformat it for her. The only problem is that for some reason the cd drive isnt reading the windows xp home install disc. I also tried a windows xp pro disc incase the home one was scratched or something, but still no go. I cleaned the drive with some compressed air and then put an audio cd in the drive. After 30 secs or so it read the audio cd, but when i put the windows xp disc back in the drive still wouldnt read it. Why would the drive read the audio cd but not the windows xp cd? Thanks a lot for the help.

I was just working on a laptop of the same model number yesterday. The cd drive is broken on that one. Well, I did a bit of research on it yesterday and found that this is a very common issue among the eMachines laptops. eMachines does not appear to sell replacements on the parts website but I was able to find one on ebay for around $50. It sounds to me like your drive may be on the outs as well since this is such a common problem.

Yep,
The Emachines laptop Slimline drives are just utter junk. They are very problematic
and prone to need replacing. Any Slimline cd drive will work just fine in this machine.

Newegg.com sells them fairly cheap, and with a warrenty.

Back