M3

cb9fl

Limp Gawd
Is the M3 for the NDS still worth buying? Anyone heard of a newer release to fit better in the new DS lite?

DS Lite will probably use a totally different firmware (or whatever they use). Thats why the good ol grey ones are the best. Of course itll most likely be cracked sooner or later but dont expect a version of M3 thats already out to work on it.

It will stick out of the GBA slot a bit, since all GBA games do. If you're concerned about aesthetics, wait for a card made specifically for the DS :)

The SL1 bridge to update firmware still exists on the DS, and the firmware will probably need a modified Passme2 or whatever the "passme3" will be... but it will be a short wait for the answers to those questions, since the DS hasn't been released worldwide yet.

I just read what you wrote:
The current M3 does work with the new DS lite. I

I haven't looked into the M3. I just know what it is since I did look into it a couple months ago. And I DO know that the GBA->SD/CF card will stick out quite a bit.

I apologize for the side-topic, but what are the advantages or disadvantages with the CF or SD versions of the M3 if any?

I'm not too sure. You could try checking out m3-forums.com if it still exists... or visit the forums on maxconsole.net - they both have a huge homebrew community that would know better than I would :)

I love my M3--best gaming purchase I've made. And the new 1GB CF card I got really made a difference in load times from my rather old 64MB card.

While I'm perfectly happy with my current DS, the DS Lite intrigues me, mainly because of screen brightness. I think the DS is already pretty small--I can honestly say I wouldn't play it as often if I didn't have the Nyko grip/charger--so I'm a bit concerned about ergonomics with the new model, but it sure does look sexy.

I plan to wait and see some impartial (read: real users) reviews of the M3 with the DS Lite before I jump.

Back